42| Epilogue

Chapter 42: Epilogue (Nathan's POV)

It took a lot of work. It took a lot for Emma to help me deal with and get over everything that happened. It was only made easier with Emma by my side. I give props to her for sticking by me through it all. 

I remember the night of the death anniversary. I showed up absolutely wasted at her house. She sneaked me in before her parents saw. I even know I called her Chloe again that night. But she didn't say one word. I know I lay in her lap and cried my eyes out. She still only comforted me. 

It's December now. To be specific, it's Christmas eve. The Hayden family goes all out for Christmas. Their house looks like a Christmas photoshoot area. They have fairy lights hung everywhere, their tree looks stunning with all the ornaments hung up and a fairy on top, they've got candles lit around the house, her dad setting up the last string of lights that fell off today and her mom is cooking dinner and she's sitting on the couch in a Christmas onesie, looking for a good Christmas movie. 

"Ooh, Home Alone!" she grinned, clicking play. I walked back in with the popcorn bowl in my hand. "Hi," she beamed up at me. 

"Hi," I smiled, settling into the spot beside hers. 

"Why is there nothing Christmas-y about you going on?" she asked, looking me up and down while munching on popcorn. 

"I'm not really big on the holidays," I shrugged. 

"You are when you're with us," she argued. She leaned forward, grabbing the Santa hat she was wearing earlier. She picked it up off the coffee table and fixed it onto my head. "There we go," she smiled. 

"I have a question," I said, adjusting the hat and scooting closer to her. 

"Hmm?" she raised her brows at me curiously. I leaned down and she pulled away, giggling. "What are you doing?" she laughed. I rolled my eyes, grabbing her onesie and pulling her closer. 

"It's a secret, come here." She turned her ear to me to listen in. I brushed her hair back and leaned down to whisper. 

"That tickles," she mumbled, biting back a laugh. 

"I didn't even do anything," I laughed, my finger tracing a hickey I gave her earlier today. 

"That tickles," she said through gritted teeth. 

"Okay, come here," I chuckled. I grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her closer, bringing her ear to my lips. "What are the chances of me getting laid on Christmas?" I whispered. 

She pulled back, looking up at me with raised eyebrows and amusement swirling in her eyes. "Considering that we just did this a few days ago... zero." 

I stared at her in shock. "What? Why?" I whined. 

"No," she shook her head, facing the screen. 

"Your parents are going to Florida to meet your aunt tonight, why not?" 

"Because I said so." 

"Well, it's really easy to convince you to do otherwise," I smirked. 

"Yeah, right," she scoffed. 

"Don't believe me?" 

"Mm-mm," she shook her head. 

"You'll see," I nodded. "But for now, watch the movie." She rolled her eyes at me, turning back to the screen. 

About halfway through the movie, I lost focus of the screen and it drifted over to her. I was twirling a strand of her hair around my finger, staring at her. She had a small smile on her face but I couldn't tell if that was because she knows what I'm doing and how I can't get enough of her, or if it's because she's simply enjoying the movie. 

Her parents are currently in their room and they have been for a while doing last-minute packing because apparently, that's how they all pack here. Last minute. She pulled the blanket higher up to her chin and hugged her knees, her eyes zoned in on the movie. She absentmindedly scooted closer to me and I found myself smiling at that. 

I ran my fingers through her hair for a while and then grabbed her face, pulling her cheek to me, kissing her hard. "Ow!" she groaned, rubbing her cheek when I let her go. "What are you doing?" she laughed, turning to me, grabbing the remote, and putting the movie on pause. 

We're getting there. 

"Nothing." 

"What do you mean 'nothing' you kiss too hard," she whined. 

"No, I don't," I scoffed. 

"You wanna know how you kiss?" she arched a brow at me. 

"Maybe," I grinned. 

She slapped my cheek, resuming the movie. I pulled her cheek to my lips again, giving her a few soft kisses. I felt her smiling. I chuckled, continuing to pepper kisses all over her cheek. "Nathan, you're very demanding," she laughed, turning to look at me. 

"You're only doing this cause you wanna get laid." 

"Why? Don't I kiss you like this every morning?" 

"You do, but you're doing it now so we have sex tomorrow. Again. Like we did 2 days ago." 

"Better than what we did 2 days ago," I shrugged. 

"Nathan," she groaned, smacking my chest. 

"I'm not kissing you to sleep with you, okay? I just... like kissing you." 

"Hmm, bet," she rolled her eyes. 

"Bet," I scoffed, smashing my lips on hers. She kissed me back and wasn't gonna pull away any time soon so I did once we reached a limit, both of us panting and catching our breaths. 

She narrowed her eyes at me, pressing her lips together. "Wait till tonight," she mumbled, turning her eyes back to the movie. I grinned, kissing her cheek again. 

I get her. I always do.

.

.

.

.

.

Epilogue

~ THE END ~

goodbye my lovesssss

make sure to go check out Under The Mistletoe, I'm gonna start writing that one soon.