30| Midnight kiss

Chapter 30: Midnight kiss (Nathan's POV)

We've been stuck up here for about 30 minutes and I'm confident that she's going delusional. 

"My nose is so cold," she whined, pulling her sleeves down and covering her nose. "Nathan, let's just jump off, I'm sure we'll survive," she said, tugging at my arm. I sighed, giving her a blank look. "See! You're getting irritated, I'm getting annoying, that's a sign. We need to find a way to get down whether they fix it or not," she rambled. 

"Shh!" I said, clamping my hand over her mouth. "You've been rambling for the 30 minutes that we've been stuck up here. Just zip it." She rolled her eyes but nodded. I removed my palm from her mouth and looked down. There's no sign of progress yet. We just sat in silence for a really long time. 

I was staring at the lights that were wrapped around the Ferris Wheel when I realized that apart from the people yelling in panic around us, this is quite romantic. And it's a quite good opportunity to kiss her. 

"Emma." 

"Yes?" she asked. 

"How well do you think we know each other now?" I asked, turning to her. 

"Hmm, well enough," she shrugged, "Why?" She said, looking up at me rather than the toy she's been holding onto this entire night. "Why are you asking?" she frowned in confusion. 

"No reason," I mumbled, my eyes traveling across her face, getting stuck on her lips just a beat longer than the rest. She chuckled, shaking her head and looking around before looking back at me. "What?" I asked. 

"You're thinking of kissing me, aren't you?" 

Silence. 

"You're thinking of being all romantic," she sang, scooting closer to me and hugging onto my arm. 

"No," I shrugged, pulling my arm out of hers and looking around at the view of the lights rather than looking at her. 

"Nathan," she giggled. I avoided looking at her while my cheeks flushed and got warm. "You're blushing," she whispered in my ear. 

"Your nose is about as red as Rudolph's, so..." I trailed off, scoffing. 

"Nathan," she laughed, grabbing my face and turning it to her. She was so close. I clicked my tongue, shrugging her off. She chuckled, forcing me to look at her. 

"What?" I huffed. 

She smiled softly, her eyes meeting mine before falling down to my lips. "You're not planning on kissing me tonight, are you?" she whispered. 

"No, you said we don't know each other well enough, and I've still got plenty to find out about you," I rolled my eyes. 

"So, is that a yes or no?" she taunted. 

"No. It's a no," I said. 

"Okay," she nodded slowly. "If you're not gonna do it, I might as well," she shrugged before grabbing my shirt in her fist and pulling me forward, pressing her lips to mine. I smiled against her lips before kissing her back. 

There was a loud crash and the Ferris Wheel jerked before it started slowly going down and people started cheering. She laughed, pulling away. "Look at that, people cheered when we kissed," she smirked. 

"Yeah, that's definitely what they cheered for," I scoffed. 

"How do you feel knowing that our first kiss was a midnight kiss?" she asked, resting her elbow on my shoulder as we got closer to the ground.