Chapter 1

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Raven, stay with me."

"Clarke, no! Our friends are still out there. Liam and Bellamy are still out there!"

"I'm sorry, Addison .  .  ."

Addison's eyes shot open, a sharp gasp echoing as her body jolted upwards. She took in deep breaths to steady her breathing and swallowed the dryness that itches in her throat. Her doe eyes bounced frantically around in the bright, all white room.

The soft buzzing electricity filled the white room that is littered with the same coloured objects that would make any sane person lose their sanity. She squinted, the fluorescent lights that buzz burning her delicate eyes, and it's then that the steady beeping of a monitor grabbed her attention.

Addison looked to her right; a white monitor on five small, black wheels is beside her bed, her vitals written in different colours on the screen. She watched a jagged line shoot up then fall back down, and shoot back up again —her heart rate.

Addison slowly swung her legs over the edge of the all white bed, and inspected her attire; an all white hospital gown. Similar to the ones she and other patients have worn on the Ark.

When she felt a sharp pinch in the crease of her elbow, her arm stiffened on instinct. A needle tapped down that pumped something in her bloodstream. She immediately freaked, ripped the needle from her arm, and unclamped the off-white clip that clamped itself to her index finger and transmitted her heart rate to the machine.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep . . . . . . . .

Addison winced at the ear-timing noise. Soon, she's able to ignore it. Slowly slipping down the side of the bed, her bare feet touch the shiny floor, her breath immediately being sucked back in from the cold tile. Something slipped down her hand that caught her attention. A white, plastic band now sat where the wristband from the Ark once dig into her skin.

Anderson, Addison.

"What the—" she mindlessly inched forward in confusion, and took note that each of her wrists are wrapped in thin, white fabric. She'll never be able to like white again.

The annoying, drawn out sound of the monitor drowned out the soft buzzing of the lights above Addison's head that she once heard clear as day. Slow and warily, she pattered on bare feet to the door, and peered through the small, circular window on her toes, her finger tips on the rim of the sill.

A complete replica of the door that traps her inside the strange room's positioned across the corridor. The same, bright white colour that covers every inch of the room and both doors is painted on the corridor's walls.

Addison got back on her heels and backed away from the door, her heart pounding heavily against her rib cage. She would rather be back in Solitary Confinement than trapped in this unknown place. At least she knew where she was on the Ark.

Addison slowly turned and glanced around the room once more. Her teeth grit in annoyance from the drawn out beep of the monitor. The thumping in her chest quickened, and the familiar feeling of anger and irritation rose.

That piece of techno seemed to be mocking her, like it knew how easily fuelled she gets. Addison's fists clenched, her breathing picking up.

She snapped her eyes closed and took some steps back, her back hitting the edge of the door that met the wall. The beating of her heart increased the more she focused on the Beeeeeeeep . . . . . She covered her ears and slid down the wall, the bottom metal hinge grabbing part of her skin, but she could care less.