Chapter 2

Did I just fit most of an episode in one chapter? Yes. Yes I did. Prepare for a pretty long chapter, loves.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Liam

  Each step was heavier than the last. Liam fought to keep his eyes open, and most importantly, his legs moving. Any energy he had had been left behind miles ago. His entire body, hand and face ached; his face more than anything.

  A mixture of dried blood and dirt covered the bridge of his broken nose —curtesy to the elbow of the Grounder attacking Bellamy at the time. A trickle of dark red almost brown leaked from the small gash on his right cheek, a healthy bruise forming around it. The knuckles on his right hand continued to slowly bruise and throb, cut open from the dried blood cracking atop his wounds every time he wiggled his fingers.

  One minute Liam was triumphing over his opponent, and the next, bright orange flames that consumed anything and everything in its path.

  Liam came to Bellamy's rescue, leaving Clarke and Finn behind by the dropship. Reaching Bellamy, he grabbed a fistful of fabric on the back of the Grounder. Liam barely touched him before he's elbowed in the face, hard. The sickening crack of Liam's nose barely rose over the commotion.

  Liam fell flat on his back. His hands shot up and covered his now bleeding nose. It's in that moment he finally understood the appeal of breaking a person's nose. He didn't blame any of the delinquents —who suffered from broken noses, thanks to his darling best friend— for never messing with Addison again.

  Liam blinked the sweat from his eyes and hissed in pain. Bellamy and Finn still tag teamed the same Grounder that broke Liam's nose, others still fought around too. Noticing the large dark figure of another Grounder heading directly toward his friends, Liam shot up from the ground.

  Unable to calculate the Grounder's move, Liam couldn't dodge his fist in time. The Grounder's strong knuckles collided with Liam's right cheek, causing him to stagger.

  Liam sprung back and swung his closed fist, connecting it with the Grounder's solid cheek bone. He ignored the pain in his hand, but after landing three more punches, he no longer felt anything. Liam sloppily jabbed his knee into his opponent's abdomen, then looked up, hearing a low rumble.

  "Go, run!" Bellamy shouted, heading the same sound —roaring flames.

  Liam shoved the Grounder aside into the dirt and sprinted in a random direction. The forest was too dark to see who he had ran behind, even with the light the flames provided, but he didn't care who it was —he just ran. Ran for his life.

  He heard quick sets of footsteps, that don't belong to any human, close in on him. Liam's swung onto his back and gasped for air. He then groaned, "Liam," he heard Finn call. "Liam, hey. Get up." Finn brought Liam back to his feet before they're rammed to the ground.

  Liam hunched over on his knees and glanced up at who knocked him, Finn, and another boy to the ground. "Hello, Sky People," the Grounder atop a horse greeted, maliciously.

  "Tristan." Finn muttered, eyes wide. "Run. Run!" and Liam did, but not quick enough.

  A rope of some kind wrapped itself around Liam's ankles that hobbled him to the ground where he fell flat on his stomach and elbows. "Where do you think you're going?"