Chapter 8

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

^^Emilia

    Addison

  "You're a wanderer too?"

  Startled, Addison looked up. Emilia's sat in front of the piano, her fingers kissing the keys. Addison slowly made her way over, hands dug deep into the back pockets of her dark skin tight jeans.

  "What is keeping you awake?" Emilia glanced back down at the keys as her fingers expertly moved from key-to-key, yet it was choppy.

  "I don't share my deepest thoughts with strangers."

"You don't share anything," Emilia continued to play smoother, more rhythmically that flowed the notes together beautifully. "This is how you share: I am up this late because I enjoy the emptiness when everyone is asleep." She paused her playing long enough to meet Addison's closed-off doe eyes for a quick moment, "Your turn," and she played again.

Addison snorted, "I'm not playing this game." She spun around and headed toward the exit. The beautiful notes from the piano ceased, and the bench Emilia was on scrapped across the floor.

"Okay, okay." Addison stopped, and faced Emilia. "I won't pry. Swear it."

Sighing, Addison a sarcastic "excellent" then nodded toward the piano Emilia had gotten back behind. She inched toward the piano, "You play?"

"Here-and-there. You?"

Addison shook her head and traced the top of the piano, "Not my instrument. Plus," she observed the placement of Emilia's fingers when she sat down and played again, "it looks confusing."

Curious, Emilia flickered her blue eyes to Addison, "What do you play?" Addison denied that information quicker than a bullet leaves the barrel of a gun. Emilia smirked in amusement, genuinely curious, "Do you have a hidden talent?"

"That, is private information, Emilia. Sorry about your bad luck," Addison defensively filed her arms over chest that caused Emilia's chuckle to turn into pure laughter, all while she still played ever so skillfully. Addison rolled her eyes and scoffed, "And to think I was actually considering the possibility of us becoming acquaintances."

"Only acquaintances?"

"Don't push your luck, mountain girl," Addison fired.

The melodic music Emilia played ceased. She placed an arm over the top of the piano and faced Addison more, "I would never push my luck with an acquaintance."