Chapter 7

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

    Liam

"Callie?"

Liam hopped into a jog after William. He slid in beside Callie, while William knelt opposite of him. Callie offered Liam an exhausted smile, "Hey .  .  ."

William accessed her injuries while Liam's not-so-hurt hand grasped hers, "You know her?" Addison's father asked, his bright blue eyes staying locked on Callie's major injury —a deep gash on her thigh.

Liam moved strands of her greasy, dirt filled hair out her face, "Yeah," his answer was soft. Dirt covered most of Callie's paler-than-usual face, spots of blood here-and-there that accompanied the dirt. A dark spot continued to soak through the fabric of her dark blue pants, on her left thigh.

William tore some of his own clothing and tied it just above the gash; Liam guessed it's from a Grounder's sword. The memory of Clarke tending to Octavia after Addison had saved her from the clutches of the serpent-snake flashed behind Liam's worried brown eyes; he'd been so angry for how reckless Addison had been, but now, he's more than appreciative of her actions.

That girl meant the world to his best friend, whether Addison knew it or not. The happiest Liam's ever seen Addison was by Octavia's side. They could go through hell and back unscathed.

"Put pressure on the wound," William's urgent demand snapped Liam from out of his head.

Liam placed his free hand —the bruised and cut open knuckles one— over Callie's deep wound. She hissed and pressed her lips together to suppress her pained moans and groans. "You're okay," Liam assured soothingly, and smiled.

William dressed the wound the best he could without any medical supplies on hand. He met Liam's gaze, "She'll need stitches, but she's okay, as long as it doesn't get infected between here and Alpha Station. Until then, keep it covered," he instructed, and Liam nodded.

"Thank you," Liam fixed his gaze back to Callie, to say some words of encouragement, but she'd passed out. He wasn't sure if it was from the blood loss or exhaustion that finally set, or both.

"She lost a lot of blood," William shifted from one to the other in his knelt position, "a blood transfusion will need to be done."

Liam, the generous boy he is, volunteered in an instant, "She can have mine."

"Alright, son," William stood. "I'll inform Abby about . . ."

"Callie."

"Callie," William repeated the name and trekked back to Dr. Griffin, who tended to Raven.

Liam sighed. He shifted from shins to bum and intertwined his and Callie's fingers. He made the occasional trek to Raven before he'd be back by Callie's side, and when he'd leave Raven's side, he always looked back to check on Addison's sister.

Callie woke only minutes before the guardsmen and Kane started to pack for the journey back to Alpha Station. "Abby, get ready to move out," he informed while Dr. Griffin carved something into the side of the dropship. "We gotta get there before dark."

Liam had gotten Callie up enough for him to scoop her in his arms bridal style, her limp on his shoulder. Finn followed behind the guardsmen that carried Raven on the red stretcher, while a handcuffed Bellamy and another guardsman followed behind them. Liam, Callie and William brought up the rear.