Chapter 20

I am back from my incredibly bad writers block and a little thing I hate called life. I'm sorry y'all've waited this long —it's unacceptable. So I created a long chapter for y'all with a sweet little ending. Currently it's not edited, since it's super late in my neck of woods, but I'll m be editing it within the next couple of days though. Hope y'all enjoy :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Addison

Like her early stays in Lockup and Solitary Confinement, she couldn't tell how many days had passed in the Harvest Chamber, in and out the same cage like an animal. The room slowly spun —like she had too much of Monty's moonshine—, causing her already dizziness to worsen and head to pound harder against her skull.

Her arms were sore and covered in bruises from the many pricks she's endured on a basis (and a handprint from a sergeant) —one arm was used for blood, the other an IV to keep her alive —at least they had the decency to bandage the areas where the needles poked.

Addison's scratchy, dry throat screamed for a drop of water, but she won't do it. Won't beg—won't break. She was too prideful and too stubborn.

They won't win.

Three days earlier

A deep creak sounded as the door to the Harvest Chamber opened. Addison tensed, eyeing Cage, Dr. Tsing, another doctor, and a soldier trailing behind them. He clapped his hands, an excited look on his face, "Rise and shine, subjects!"

  The man —late-40s, covered in Grounder tattoos with salt-and-pepper hair, his hair braided that reached the middle of his back, a thick beard that reached his stomach— beside Addison that's been locked-up since the brunette's arrival grabbed the square-panel fence that lined each "cell", rattling it, the squared-lock moving with it. He yelled in his language.

  The two doctors walked pass the cages, white lab coats flowing as they began to prep the station that drained and killed the Grounder that's currently upside down. Cage had stopped at Addison's cage, the soldier behind him. Young Wallace knelt in front of her, arms resting on his thighs. "Still wish you wouldn't have killed Lieutenant Pierson? She was on her way to becoming a Colonel. So well done, Addison."

  That didn't make Addison feel better about herself. She hated that she slit Lieutenant Pierson's throat effortlessly, but what guilted and scared her the most was she might've taken a life for no reason. A neutral look remained on her face, "Cage should be caged. Doesn't that sound poetic?"

  A little smile upturned on his scarred-lips, "Too bad you chose the wrong side. You would've made an excellent soldier; you're loyal, almost too loyal. But loyal nonetheless. I admire that."

  Addison kicked the squared-fencing where Emilia's father was. "Go float yourself."

"I always knew there was a fire in you from the moment we met. I like that about you, Addison. We'll see how much is left when we're done with you." His smile morphed into a malicious smirk that made Addison's skin crawl. "If you survive. Maybe we'll just turn you into a Reaper? Wouldn't that be something for your friends to see." Addie kicked the same spot as she did before. Cage only chuckled before he stood and faced Dr. Tsing and her friend, "Are we ready to begin?"