Chapter 25

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

  Their lips met in a passionate kiss, each of them savouring the other's lips. Addison snaked her arms around Octavia's neck while Octavia's hands moved to the other girl's back, holding her, their bodies moulding into one as the kiss deepened.

They pulled away, foreheads pressed together, Addison smiling and Octavia releasing a relieved, airy laugh. Addison removed their foreheads and held her girlfriend at arm's length, doing a once-over, smile still in place.

Octavia had her sword strapped to her back in its sheathe, raven hair pulled out of her face by two braids on each side above her ears that came into one braid at the back of her head with the rest of her loose hair. Her attire resembled that of a Grounder's but she still kept Sky Person attributes.

"Grounder looks good on you," Addison complimented. She ran her thumb over the sideways Y-shaped cut on Octavia's cheek; her bottom lip also had a small cut, as did her forehead and nose, and her left-eye was dark, healing from a recent black eye. Her clothes were covered in dust from the debris and rubble. "What happened to your face?"

"I thought you were dead a week ago, we all did. And then you show up in TonDC after it just got bombed and you're worried about my face?" Octavia wore an amused smile on her lips, but it quickly disappeared.

  She ran her hands down Addison's arms, removing dirt, grime and flakes of dried blood that hid bruises and poke marks that littered her arms from blood-drawing needles and Sergeant Lovejoy's rough hands in the Harvest Chamber. Octavia's hand stopped at the opened-wound made by Emilia with a scalpel to get the tracker out.

  "What happened to you?" Octavia's voice then hardened, green eyes darkening, "These aren't from the dropship."

Addison shook her arms free and stepped back, right-hand covering the scalpel cut. "We don't have time for catch-up." She glanced at the rope Marlow joined to pull with his people and theirs.

"Addison—"

"We'll have time, Octavia. But now's not it. When we save who we can and the time's right, we'll talk, alright?" With a little smile, Addison jutted her chin to the rope, "Go on, Blake." Octavia shot a look at Emilia over the recently-escaped brunette's shoulder, a look she's seen before, only this time Octavia could do serious damage. "Hey," Addison took Octavia's face in her hands and looked into her eyes. "Later, I promise."

  "Later," Octavia repeated, and went back to the rope, Addison watching. She couldn't take her eyes off her—she didn't want to. She wanted all the rescuing and patching of the wounded finished so she could be with Octavia, alone.

  "Alright, I need everybody on that rope," Octavia instructed, opening-and-closing her fists.

  Addison rejoined Liam. "How is he, Dr. Jackson?" She crouched beside him. Emilia applied clean cloth to his gash on the other side, Liam unconscious.

"I think we're past formalities now," Dr. Jackson smiled. "Jackson's fine. But Liam? With some stitches and rest, he'll be fine. He'll need a blood transfusion as soon as we get back to camp."

"Jackson!" Someone called from the far side of the crater Octavia was in.

"I'll be right there!" Jackson glanced between the girls. "Just, keep pressure on it and I'll be back as soon as I can."