⋆ ✯ ✩ . ⋆
⋆ * ✯ * ✧ ⋆ * ✯* ⋆ ⋆ ✯

"Hey wake up." Someone whispers softly in my ear.
"Please just five more minutes dad."
"Did you just call me dad?" I furrow my brows at the question and slowly open my sealed eyes.
Everything is blurry at first as I pick my head off of someone's shoulder.
My eyes focus on the face in front of me and Nick gives me a grin.
"Where are we?" I ask him disoriented and I notice that we're sitting in the bus still but it's no longer moving.
The students are rushing off their seats and getting out of the bus.
I look out of the windows and see that it's now raining and that we're standing in front of the museum.

"Come on get up." I look back to see Nick got up and is now pushing me out of my seat gently.
I'm a bit wobbly on my feet first but I grab my bag and make my way out of the bus into the rain.
I pull up my hood and wait for Nick to step up beside me.
I try to hide a yawn and scrunch up my nose as I try to wake up properly.
I don't even remember falling asleep but I feel like a dead person right now.
Nick puts his arm around my shoulders and lets me lean on his side.
"Why are you so sleepy?" He asks me while we watch all the students stumble out of the bus while Mrs. Cowill talks to a museum worker.
I shrug my shoulders and zip up my jacket again cause it's freezing cold.

"I didn't sleep very well this weekend." I tell him closing my eyes.
Even though I enjoy that dad is gone it's creepy to sleep alone in a house.
You listen to every creek and watch every shadow that seems just a little bit off and the situation with Louis didn't make me sleep any better as well.

Mrs. Cowill gets a stack of papers from a worker who's dressed in an expensive suit and walks in front of us.
"Quiet down guys. I'm going to pair you all up and I want you to stay with your partner at all times alright? If you loose your partner you come to me immediately. After you get with your partner I'm going to give you a stack of papers to fill out all tasks." I link my arm with Nicks and he smiles down at me nodding that he's going to be my partner.

The crowd starts to mumble excitedly and girls link their arms while boys give each other checks.
"I already chose the partners and before you all complain it doesn't matter the partners stay no switching. I want you to work seriously because this isn't a trip your doing with your friends. This is still school." The crowd groans and I sigh because it was expected that Mrs. Cowill would come up with something like this.
"I don't want to do this without you". Nick groans beside me and I chuckle rolling my eyes.

"You just wanted me to be your partner because I would do all the work." He puts his hand on his chest shocked and I nudge him with my shoulder.
"Alright I'm gonna read your names afterwards you should meet up with your partner immediately."
I pull my arm out of Nick's and shiver again.
Why can't we do this inside it feels like my feet are iced to the ground.
What would I give for sunny Paris right now.
"Josh and Elizabeth. Garett and Yasmine. Alina and Josie. Nick and Louis.." Nick and I look at each other when he gets paired up.

He wiggles his brows before he waves me bye and walks over to Louis who gives him a nod as a greeting.
I push my hands into my jacket and stare at Louis who gets chatted up by Nick.
Oh god please don't say anything stupid Nick.
I know he means good but he could make this whole situation even worse.
If it can get worse.
Louis head snaps up from the ground and his eyes focus on me.
I bite my lip in concern and give him a slight wave.
Maybe he gets that I'm stupid and I didn't want to block him off.
It was a bad habit of me and I don't know how to fix this without going against my instincts.

His eyes don't leave mine but I don't get a reaction from him so I let my hand sink down and put it back in my pocket.
My cheeks flare in embarrassment but thanks to the weather I can blame it on the cold.
"Hey." Someone pipes up beside me and I jump my eyes moving over to the person that hooks her arm around mine.
I look into Millies excited face.
God I don't know when I did see her last.
"Guess we're partners." She tells me and I give her a small smile.
"I'm going to get our papers." I tell her so I can pull my arm out of her grasp and walk over to Mrs. Cowill.

She holds out a stack of papers for me and smiles but when I grab them someone else grabs them at the same time.
"Sorry." We say in sync and I smile sheepishly at Louis while I pull my hand back from the papers.
"Take it." I tell him nodding towards the papers but he shakes his head no.
"You take it."
"No." I tell him and he sighs frustrated.
Suddenly someone grabs the papers aggressively and I turn to Nick who grins at us papers in hand.
"I'm going to take them thanks."

I let out a small chuckle as he walks away and Louis pushes his hands in his pockets strutting after him.
I grab another stack from Mrs. Cowills hands and walk over to Millie.
She grins at me and pulls her arm back around mine.
"Did you read the tasks already what do we have to do first?" She asks me eagerly but I shake my head no.
"Let's get inside first I'm freezing my ass off." I tell her and she nods and we make our way into the museum.
This is going to be a long trip.