|Non Canon 3/5| 🍬 • 6 - 7 • 🍬

Shuichi took the highlighter, and marked some things down.

Staring between his papers and notebooks, reading through it, and occasionally taking drinks of water.

Kaito, Maki, and Kaede, all around him, were doing the same.

"This is so stupid, why do we have to retake some classes?" Maki muttered.

"Well... they needed to make sure we remembered it all, Maki." Kaito slowly placed his hand onto Maki's back, who proceeded to lean her head onto his shoulder.

"I understand that, but why not have all of us just take a quiz and see. The people who fail, retake the class, while the others continue on." Maki rubbed her head.

Kaede glanced up, "Maki, what are your plans for the future?"

"An FBI agent." Maki sat more up, "Clearly, I can't be an assassin. So, I decided for FBI. Or maybe I could go for being a bounty hunter."

"Stick with FBI." Kaito patted her back slightly, "It fits you, and it's badass."

"I want to change my mind all of a sudden." Maki laughed softly, and Kaito jokingly hit her arm. 

She laughed more, making the other three laugh.

Then they heard a chime.

Kaede stopped for a moment, grabbing onto her phone, and opening it.

Her face stopped, and she looked shocked.

Shuichi stopped laughing, placing his highlighter down, "W-what's going on, Kaede?"

"N-nothing, nothing!" Kaede laughed nervously, fiddling to put her phone in her pocket, before Maki reached over, snatched it, and looked at it.

"Miubear..?" Maki questioned.

Kaede gave a little stupid smile, before Maki continued, "Miu texted stating, Kokichi agreed to get the surgery, and the doctor went in to fill in some forms. So Kokichi is officially getting the surgery in an hour or less?"

Maki looked back to Kaede, a questioning glance.

"Surgery?" Shuichi questioned.

Kaede shoved her phone in her pocket, "I-I can't talk about it r-right now..."

Maki scrolled through the chat, "So, Kokichi has a disease called hanahaki, and you asked Miu to try to convince Kokichi to get surgery?"

Kaede reached up, attempting to make a grab for her phone, but Maki pulled it further away, "What is happening with Kokichi?"

Kaito stood up, grabbing the phone from Maki, and giving it to Kaede, "We read the messages, you might as well explain."

Kaede laughed nervously, "W-well... Kokichi has a disease that is slowly killing him, and uhm... y-yeah... He is getting surgery to remove it.. which is possibly life threatening.."

Shuichi raised an eyebrow, "How did he get this disease...?"

"From liking you... Since... He couldn't confess... If you liked him back, I guess he would be fine? But now, he is getting the disease removed while also possibly removing his feelings and memories I guess."

Kaito and Maki eyed towards Shuichi, who felt his heart melt.

The boy he started to fall for...

Was in love with him....

And was now removing his memories and feelings through surgery since he was unsure if Shuichi liked him back....

What?!?

Shuichi slammed his stuff down, standing up, and running towards the door.

He quickly grabbed his shoes, and ran.

He needed to run to Kokichi and maybe stop it.