Chapter 10

Previously on Chapter 9

"What are you girls talking about?" Percy asked, looking confused. I turn to look at him. "Have you been listening, Percy? We're talking about the Golden Fleece. It is said that the Golden Fleece can cure any illness! We have to search for it. It is our only hope for curing Thalia's Tree" I said. "Okay... how?" He asked. "Hm... good question... but before that... Annabeth... are you sure you're ready? This quest is VERY dangerous..." I said. "Oh Y/N... I am BORN ready..." she said, which makes me smirk at her confidence. "Very well... let's talk to Dionysus about this..." I said, nodding my head. She grins excitedly and grabs my wrist. Then she starts to pull me along. I grab the book on the way.

-Our Plan Has Been Hijacked-

Y/N P.O.V

We are currently standing in front of Dionysus. We are informing him what we have found. About the Golden Fleece, and how it might help cure Thalia's tree.

"That's just a myth! It's going to be a waste of time and energy" he said. "But sir! You have to at least let us try! We won't know if we don't try... a myth does not mean it doesn't exist" I said, trying my best to reason with him. But he ignores what I said. I stare at Annabeth.  She turns to look back at me, looking annoyed.

I let out a soft sigh and wrap my arm around her shoulder. "Let's just go... it's obvious he's not going to change his mind..." I said. She sighs and nod her head. Then we turn around and walks out.

Time-skip

"The Golden Fleece! May be the solution to our problem" Professor Dionysus said. I look at him in disbelief. He literally told us that it was just a myth and that it'll only be a waste of time. But here he is... announcing it to everyone. Oh... you have got to be kidding me.

Annabeth and I look at each other. "Can you believe him??" I said. She just shrugs her shoulders. I can see the annoyance in her eyes. I let out a huff and turn to look at Dionysus once again, with my chin on the palm of my hands.

Percy pats my back in attempt to keep me calm. He leans forward until his lips is right next to my ears. "It's okay... don't be mad..." he whispered. I turn to him and glare. He raise his hands in surrender pose. I roll my eyes and turns my head to face forward again.

Dionysus choose Clarisse for this quest. Percy tried to object but he completely shuts him out. This makes my blood boils. Gosh! I REALLY hate his guts. After that we are dismissed.

I stand up from my spot and storm off from the place. I can hear rapid footsteps behind me. Then a hand grabs my wrist.

I turn around and see Percy. "Y/N... calm down..." he said. I just look down. "It's just not fair... we tried so hard to convince him. But he completely shuts us out, saying how it's a waste of time! Then give it to someone else instead as if it's his own idea! He even ignored you, Percy... it annoys me so bad..." I said, as I blink my eyes rapidly trying to stop the tears that's trying to spill from my eyes.

Percy lets out a sigh and pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around his waist, leaning my head against his chest as I cry softly.

"I-I j-just wanna help C-Chiron... I want to clear his name. He didn't do anything wrong!" I cried out. I feel him nod his head. "I know baby... I wanna help him as much as you do..." he said. Then he pulls away from the hug, holding me by the shoulders.

"Let's sneak out... all 4 of us... let's follow Clarisse..." he said, suddenly. My eyes widened "are you crazy?!" I said. He just shrugs his shoulders. "I mean... this is not the first time..." he said. "W-Wait... you mean..." I said. "Yeah... I snuck out back then as well..." he said. "Wow... my boyfriend is such rebellious boy..." I said. He lets out a chuckle and peck my lips.

"So... are you in?" He said, raising an eyebrow at me. I grin and nod my head. "Hell yeah I'm in! I'm not going to let you have all the fun to yourself!" I said. He smiles and hugs me once again. "We'll leave at midnight..." he whispers. I just nod my head, leaning my head against his chest.

Midnight

I feel someone shaking me awake. I open my eyes to see Percy. He place a finger on his lips, signaling me to be quiet. I nod my head and grab my backpack that I've packed for this journey.

We walk outside and met with Annabeth and Grover. "Are we all set?" Percy said, in a low tone. Everyone is asleep except for the patrol group. We don't want them to catch us. Dionysus especially told all of us, who is caught sneaking out would be kick out of the Camp.

We walk outside the gate, while crouching down to try to not get caught. But suddenly, we heard a loud sound. I stop walking and turn around.

Tyson is chasing us, making a loud sound. I grab his hand and yank him down to kneel in front of me. "Are you crazy?! Are you trying to get us caught??" I whisper-yelled at him. "I just wanna come..." he said.

"Forget it... I'm not going with a Cyclops" Annabeth said. I turn to her "why?" I asked. She just looks away, clearly not wanting to tell us about it. "Well... I'm not going without one..." Grover said. Annabeth glare at him.

"Shh!! He's coming and that's it... he could help us distract that Cyclops" I said. Annabeth let out a groan and hesitantly nods her head. "But first... let's do something with your appearance..." she said, reaching inside her backpack. Then she pulls out what looks like a perfume. But I know well it isn't.

"Mist?" Tyson said. Then Annabeth sprays him. He lets out a yelp of surprise. When Annabeth stops, Tyson's face starts to change. He looks like he have two eyes now.

"Wow... you're kinda cute..." I said. Then I feel Percy nudging me. I turn to him to see him pouting. I let out a giggle and pinch his cheek. "Not as cute as you, Percy..." I said. His cheeks turns a bright shade of pink.

We look around, making sure no one notice us. Then we leave the camp. I will do everything in my power to retrieve The Golden Fleece and help Chiron clear his name.

*to be continued*