Chapter 9

Previously on Chapter 8

"Thalia's tree won't last much longer... we have to do something... or say goodbye to Camp Half Blood and it'll be the downfall for all of us..." I said, turning to look at everyone with a serious expression.

-The Golden Fleece-

Y/N P.O.V

We are all gathering around in the field. We're discussing on who is responsible for poisoning Thalia's tree. I stayed silent most of the time, thinking about who would possibly hurt Thalia's tree. Who would do such thing? Could it be a camper?

"Chiron is the one Poisoning the tree" I snap out of my thought when I heard Dionysus said that. "W-What?? No! Chiron can't be the one who poisoned the tree! What makes you think that way?" I asked. "Because he's the son the Titan lord! He would want to revive him again!" He said. "But he can't be doing all that! He have been nothing but a great coach for us! There is no way he would betray us!" I screamed.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Percy. He shakes his head, as if telling me to calm down. I let out a sigh and take a seat next to him.

Time-skip

Chiron is packing his belongings, because he's forbid to be here. It makes me upset. How can someone not stand up for him? He's been a great coach for us.

We're standing in front of his cabin, as we wait for him. By we... I mean me, Percy, Annabeth, Grover and Tyson.

He walks out of the cabin holding all of his stuff. He looks up and notice us gathering in front of him. "What are you doing here?" He asked. None of us answer. I walk towards him and hugs his torso. He froze for a few second, then hugs me back.

After a few moment, I pull away and take a few steps back. "We'll clean your name, Chiron... I promise..." I said, smiling sadly at him. I'm feeling really sad at the thought Chiron have to leave us.

"Thank you, Y/N... thank you all of you... for trusting me... take care of yourself and this camp. Now that the shield protecting you is weakened... monsters and demons would come and attack you... remember everything that I've trained you..." he said. "We will" Percy said, earning a chorus of nods from the rest of us. He smiles at us and walks away.

I can feel tears streaming down my cheeks as I watch him leave. I can feel an arm wrapping itself around my shoulder. I turn my head to see Percy, smiling at me.

"Just like you said, Y/N... we'll clean his name..." he said, smiling reassuringly at me. I just nod at him and lean my head against his shoulder.

"Let's go to the library... maybe we'll find some answers there..." Annabeth suggested. "Sure..." I said, nodding my head after wiping away the tears that managed to slip. Then all 5 of us makes our way to the library.

At the Library

After a while of searching, trying our best to find the answer to cure Thalia's tree. There are no results. I let out a sigh, feeling frustrated at myself. If only I'm strong enough. I can detect the answer. My mind went back to where my mother taught me a little bit of her magic. (A/N: I know Medusa can't do magic. But just go along with it, okay?)

Flashback

"Mother! I can't find my favorite hair clip" I said. I was around 5 years old that time. My mother kneels down in front of me with a soft smile.

"Close you eyes, sweetie..." she said in a soft voice. I was confused, but I did as told. "Now... focus... think that you've found it..." she said. I start to focus, then I can feel my body moving on its own.

My hand is outstretched in front of me. Then I lean down, feeling a leathery surface. Which means I'm near the couch. Then my hand went to the gap of the cushion. Soon enough, I felt my hand touching something and pulled out.

I open my eyes and they went wide. "Mother! I have found it!" I said, excitedly. She smiles and grab it from my hand, clipping it to my hair. "Now... each time you're struggling to find someone, just do this method, okay?" She said. "Okay!" I said, grinning at her.

End of Flashback

'Hmm... I wonder...' I thought to myself. Then I close my eyes and concentrate.

"What are you doing, Y/N?" I heard Annabeth asked. I raise my hand and place my finger to my lips, as if telling her that I need to focus.

I can feel my body walking forward. My hand soon come in contact with the bookshelves. Then my hand skim through the books, until it stops to one specific book. I pull it out of the shelf and start flipping the pages... and eventually stop on a page.

I open my eyes and looks down, my eyes skimming through the page. "The Golden Fleece..." I said. My eyes widened as I remember something my mother used to say.

"Of course! This could work!" I said, turning to my friends. They look startled by my sudden outburst. "What?" Annabeth asked. I turn the book to face her.

"The Golden Fleece, Annabeth! This could help cure Thalia's tree and restore the shield" I said. Her eyes widened "that's right... here... give me the book..." she said, walking towards me.

I hand the book to her. She scanned through the book. Then she squeals, placing a bookmark and close it.

"Y/N! You're genius!!" She said, excitedly. She runs towards me, pulling me into a tight hug. I just let out a nervous laugh and pat her back softly. Then she pulls away about an arm-length.

"How did you do that?" She asked. "Uh... my uh... mother used to teach me..." I said. "Are you part witch?" She asked. "Huh? No... no no no..." I said, shaking my head rapidly. She looks at me in confusion, but chose to ignore it... which makes me sigh in relief.

"What are you girls talking about?" Percy asked, looking confused. I turn to look at him. "Have you been listening, Percy? We're talking about the Golden Fleece. It is said that the Golden Fleece can cure any illness! We have to search for it. It is our only hope for curing Thalia's Tree" I said. "Okay... how?" He asked. "Hm... good question... but before that... Annabeth... are you sure you're ready? This quest is VERY dangerous..." I said. "Oh Y/N... I am BORN ready..." she said, which makes me smirk at her confidence. "Very well... let's talk to Dionysus about this..." I said, nodding my head. She grins excitedly and grabs my wrist. Then she starts to pull me along. I grab the book on the way.

*to be continued*