Chapter 19

Previously on Chapter 18

We stop next to Thalia's tree. Clarisse is walking with the Golden Fleece. She drape it on the root of Thalia's tree.

And now we wait...

-I'm a... What?!-

Y/N P.O.V

We all took turns in guarding the Fleece that's sitting on Thalia's tree. But for some reason... the healing process seemed so slow. Today is Annabeth's turn to guard the tree.

I'm sitting by the lake. I dip my toes on the water. I hug my knees close to my chest, as I stare into the water deep in thought.

I can hear footsteps walking closer to me. I turn my head to see Percy. He smiles softly at me as he takes a seat next to me.

"Hey..." he said. "Hey..." I said, scooting closer to his side. He instantly wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his side. I lean my head on his shoulder.

"It doesn't make any sense..." I said in a low voice. "What?" He asked. "The Fleece seems to work fast when healing Annabeth... why does it work so slow now?" I said. Percy is silent, as if thinking about it.

"Y/N... I don't think the Fleece works alone..." he said. "What do you mean?" I said, looking at him in confusion. "When Annabeth is in a critical condition and you're holding onto her... your body glowed... it feels very comforting. Right after that... Annabeth healed. I think... there's something in you that helps The Fleece works better..." he said. "That can't be... I'm part a monster. How can I do that?" I said. He shakes his head "I don't know, baby..." he said. I just turn my head to look into the distant. Something in me... but what?

Time-skip

I walk towards Thalia's tree. The tree looks better. But the Fleece still isn't working fast enough. I let out a sigh.

I raise my hand and place it on the tree. My hand starts glowing a soft f/c. I remove my hand out of shock.

"What was that? What did you do?" I heard someone said. I turn my head to see one of the camper. Then everyone comes, probably because they saw the light.

"I-I... I don't know..." I said. I turn to the tree to see it heals in a rapid speed. The camper and I look at each other. "Do it again..." he urged. I hesitate as I turn my head to look at Percy. He nods his head, urging me to try it again.

I take a deep breath. Then I place my hand on the tree. My hand starts to glow again. I look down as the leaves from the tree starts coming back to its branches. Soon the tree looks a lot better. The shield around the camp is restore.

I pull my hand away from the tree and looks around. All the camper is looking at me in shock. "Wow..." Percy breathe out. "What did you just do?" Annabeth asked. "I don't know... what is going on, Percy?" I said, turning my head to look at Percy.

"This is exactly what happened when Annabeth was in the brink of death... the Fleece seems to work better around you, Y/N..." he said. I look down at my hand.

"It doesn't make any sense.... I'm part monster... why would I have this kind of power?" I asked. "Monster?" Someone said. "I'm... my mother is Medusa..." I said, truthfully. I don't want to keep it a secret anymore. They all deserve to know... and it's better if they know from me... better than knowing it the hard way.

"W-Wait... what? M-Medusa is your m-mother???" Someone said out of shock. I nod my head as I look away from their gaze.

"I didn't know Medusa have a child..." Silena said. "My mother kept me a secret" I said. "Does that means you can turn people into stone?" She asked. "Yeah..." I said. "And you told us NOW?" One of the camper said.

"I can only do it recently... something sealed away my power... the last quest triggered my power to re-surface... before that... I can't do anything. Not even this whole healing thing..." I said, gesturing towards Thalia's tree which has recovered completely.

"I think I might know what happened..." Chiron said, walking towards me. I turn to look at him. "What?" I said. "Give me your hand?" He said, outstretching a hand for me to grab. I place my hand on top of his.

He grab a match and lights it up. He bring the fire close to my wrist. "Woah! What are you doing??" I said, pulling my hand away. "Just trust me..." he said, outstretching his hand once again. I just look at him with a nervous gaze. But he gave me an assuring look. He just bring the fire close enough to make my hand feels warm.

My eyes widened when something starts showing. It's a tattoo. I never knew I have those. Chiron breathe out in shock as he stare into the tattoo in my arm.

"You're a reincarnation, Y/N

"You're a reincarnation, Y/N..." he said, looking at me with a serious expression. "W-Wait... what do you mean reincarnation??" I said. "Over thousands of years ago... there's a girl with powerful angelic power. That girl is able to heal any illness and SHE is the one that created the Golden Fleece..." he said. I look down at the mark on my hand.

"So... you're telling me that I'm her?" I said, looking up at him. "Yes... this is a mark of a shadow-hunter, Y/N... the last Shadow-hunter..." he said. "How is that possible? I thought there were only Demi-gods in this world. Which certainly I'm not a Demi-god, because I'm not a human to begin with..." I said.

"There's still a lot of mystery in this world we have yet to figure out, Y/N..." he said. I just stare at him, not knowing what else to say.

"Y/N... you have a rare blood flowing in your vein. You are the last of your kind... you're the last Shadow-hunter. Now you've come back to exist in this world... and this might be your last life. There will be no more reincarnation after you... and not only that. You are the creator of the Golden Fleece... therefore you are the only one that have the right to guard the Fleece..." he said. "Too much information in one day..." I said. I can't believe it... I'm...

The last Shadow-hunter?

*to be continued*

A/N: woah... the last Shadow-hunter?? I'm getting intimidated by you guys now. Please don't use your runes to hurt me.