Chapter 4

Previously on Chapter 3

"I start to feel something for you I shouldn't have! Why do you always made it hard for me?!! I HATE you... but at the same time... I don't..." I scream at him. Tears manage to stream down my cheeks. "And I know...

I shouldn't be feeling this way...

-Can't You Just Give Me A Chance?-

Y/N P.O.V

I shouldn't be feeling this way?! Why am I feeling this way towards him? He killed my mother for goodness sake!! Ugh... I'm so stupid.

Percy just stands on his spot, not doing anything. He is staring back at me wide-eyed. I just stare back at him with tears brimming my eyes.

After a while, he finally starts to talk. "So... you... you don't... you don't hate me?" He said. "Why do I said that..." I said, grumbling slightly. I glare at him. "Don't flatter yourself, Jackson... it still doesn't chance anything. You're still my mother's murderer" I said, scowling at him. I turn around to leave, but I feel a hand yanking me back.

I turn to look at him, yanking my hand out of his grasp. "What now?!" I asked, feeling slightly annoyed. "Y/N... just give me a chance! I didn't know Medusa was your mother. Heck! I don't even know Medusa had any child! It was just an act of self-defense..." he said, sounding desperate. I scoff at what he said.

"Self-defense you said? So are you implying that it's okay... to kill my mother... just so you could live??" I said, feeling my blood boiling. He stayed silent, not knowing what to say. I just scoff once more and turn around to leave. This time he didn't try to stop me.

I keep walking until I reach the cabin of the unclaimed children. Mother never mention anything about my father. Is he a God? Why is he never there for me?

I lay in my hammock, as I stare at the ceiling. My mind slowly drift off into random things. Until it stops when I start thinking about Percy.

Why am I feeling this way towards him? 'Mother... help me hate him. He killed you... he took you away from me, Mom... I don't wanna fall for him...' I thought to myself, my hand reaching up towards the pendant on my neck. I let out a sigh and close my eyes. Falling asleep would be better to relief my stress right now. Soon enough... I start to drift off into a deep slumber.

Time-Skip

Once in a while, Camp Half-Blood have a day off. We are free to do anything. Without any training... and that day is today.

They will be holding a bonfire party. So everyone is pretty much busy preparing for it. From gathering woods... and anything we thought might be needed for the bonfire.

I'm in charge with gathering the woods. So I walk around the place to gather some. I do it in silent, since I'm doing it alone.

But it didn't take long, until a certain seaweed brain comes and ruins it. He walks towards me, until he stands in front of me.

"Hey..." he said, giving me a small smile. I just stay silent and continue what I'm doing. I reach down to grab a wood, when another hand went for it as well. His hand lands on top of mine. I look up at him and he just stare back at me.

"You can have that..." I said, pulling my hand away. Then turn around to gather some more wood from a different spot.

"Y/N... why do you kept on ignoring me?! You just admit to me yesterday that you felt something. Are you just going to ignore that??" He asked. I stop what I'm doing and turn to look at him.

"Have you been listening properly?? I said I Shouldn't Be Feeling That Way. What part of it did you not get? Now please stop bothering me!" I said, turning away once more to continue gathering some woods.

"No! I'm not going to ignore that! You have no idea how much I've been trying to get your attention for the past few weeks! I won't ignore it... now that I know you feel something for me" he said, grabbing my wrist. He turns me to look at him.

"Can't you just give me a chance? Please, Y/N..." he pleaded. He flinch when he feels an electric shock. Yes... I can do that. I can control electric energy in me.

"Don't. Touch. Me" I spat every words. I turn around and walks away from him. I shouldn't feel this way. I shouldn't love him.

At the Bonfire

We are all gathering around the place. I'm sitting on top of a log. I hug my knees as an attempt to keep myself warm. But it didn't do much... as I'm still freezing cold.

Then I feel something being draped over me. I turn my head, and once again... is met with a pair of sea-green eyes.

I try to remove the jacket but he kept it in place. "I know you hate me... but at least keep it. To keep yourself warm" he said. I let out a sigh and give in. I hug his jacket closer to my body, finally feeling a sense of warmth.

Percy P.O.V

I smile softly, seeing how she felt comfortable. What do I have to do to get you to forgive me, Y/N... I never meant to hurt you. I don't know that Medusa had a daughter.

"Hey Y/N... you should sing" someone suddenly said. I turn my head to look at her. She have a look of shock on her face. Probably she isn't expecting to be called out to sing. I'm kinda excited not gonna lie. I wanna hear her sing.

She seems reluctant at first, but due to a lot of persuasion. She finally give in. Someone hands her a guitar... and she starts to play.

Y/N P.O.V

A girl from my cabin asked me to sing. I look at her in complete shock, totally not expecting it. I don't want to seem rude, so I give in. She hands me a guitar and I start to play.

I shouldn't love you
But I want to
I just can't turn away
I shouldn't see you
But I can't move
I can't look away

And I don't know
How to be fine when I'm not
Cause I don't know
How to make a feeling stop

Just so you know
This feeling's takin' control
Of me and I can't help it
I won't sit around
I can't let him win now
Thought you should know
I've tried my best to let go
Of you but I don't want to
I just gotta say it all before I go
Just so you know

This song is exactly how I'm feeling right now. It's me and Percy. The fact that... I'm actually catching feelings for him... but at the same time... I shouldn't be.

Judging by the way Percy is looking at me right now. I can tell that he knew I'm basically directing this song to him. I can see it clearly in his eyes. But I just ignore it. I close my eyes and continue to sing. With one thought inside my mind.

I shouldn't love you Percy...

*to be continued*