Chapter 7

Previously on Chapter 6

I let out a groan and turn around to face Tyson. "Why would you say that?! Now you hurt her feelings! Gosh! This is SO frustrating..." I yelled out. I turn around and run towards the direction Y/N went to.

-Acceptance-

Y/N P.O.V

I stop by the lake as I always do each time something upsets me. I let myself fall on my knees as I start to cry harder.

I should have expected it. I should have known that everyone would be scared of me. But why does it still hurts so much??

Percy P.O.V

I found her sitting by the lake. I realize it's been her habit to go to the river each time she's upset. I frown as I walk closer to her.

"Go away, Percy!" She screamed at me. I ignore what she said and continue to come closer until I'm next to her. I sit down and pulls her closer to me. "Let go!" She protested, struggling to get out of my hug. But I didn't budge and continue to hug her tightly.

She finally stops struggling after a while. But I can tell she's trying not to show that she's been crying. I give her a light squeeze, trying to let her know that I'll always be here.

I reach up and caress her hair softly. "You don't have to act strong, Y/N... not in front of me. I wanna be the one to give you comfort, Y/N... please... don't push me away anymore..." I said. Soon enough, I can hear her cries. I caress her hair as I stay silent as I wait for her to calm down.

"Everything is going to be okay..." I said softly. Then I feel her pushing me with full force. "Don't ever tell me that everything will be okay! It's never going to be! I'm a monster and there's nothing you can do to change it! I hate my whole existence... I hate my life! I hate everything!!! I-" I cut her off by cupping her cheeks, placing my lips firmly on hers.

Y/N P.O.V

He cuts me off with a kiss. I struggle to pull away from him. But he just place a hand on the back of my neck, depending the kiss. It takes a while, until I give in and kisses him back.

He pulls away from the kiss and leans his forehead against mine. "Don't say things like that, Y/N... you have no idea how much it hurts me to see you in this state..." he said in a very soft voice.

I just broke into more tears. This time I'm the one who pulls him into a hug by wrapping my arms around his waist. I place my head in his chest as I continue to cry harder. He caress my back, hugging me tightly.

"I love you, Y/N... please... just give me a chance. I know you hate me for what I did to your mother in the past. But... please... let me be there for you. Let me be your rebound" he said, pulling away. He cups my cheeks in his arms softly, as if he's afraid that he might break me.

"Please..." he begged. I pull away completely. I turn away from him. "I need time... I'm sorry..." I said. I just walks away, not giving him a chance to say a thing.

Percy P.O.V

She needs time... should I take that as a good or bad sign? At least... she didn't straight out just reject me. I still have hope.

I meant what I said. I wanna be her rebound. I want to be there for her. To make sure she's alright... and that is because I have fallen deeply in love with her. I just hope that... she'll be willing to give me a chance.

Please, Y/N... I truly love you...

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

To say that I'm shock would be an understatement. I love Percy... there's no denying that anymore. But I never thought... it never crossed my mind that Percy would actually return the same feelings as me and love me.

But am I really ready to let go of the past. After all... Percy IS the cause of my mother's death. Can I really forgive him for what he have done? Can I let the past go?

It's time for dinner, I sit with the other unclaimed campers. I'm not really hungry so I just push around the food on my plate.

I snap out of my thought when I hear my name being called. I turn my head to see Mia. "What?" I asked. "What's the matter, Y/N?" Mia asked. I shake my head lightly. "It's nothing..." I said, looking down. "It's not nothing. You barely touch your food. What happened?" She asked. I look up to look at her. I can see the concern in them.

"I'm just not hungry..." I said, shrugging. I pick my glass to take a sip, when she ask a question that caught me off guard. "Is it about Percy?" She asked. I choke on the drink and start coughing violently. She panicked and starts patting my back.

"It's... uh... complicated..." I said. "What happened. You know you can tell me anything..." she said. I sigh and nod my head. "Alright... but not here..." I said. I stand up and gesture her to come with me.

We stop by the river. I stare into the distance. "Percy confessed to me..." I said. "Really?! Isn't that great? Why do you seem troubled by it? You like him, don't you??" She said, looking excited. "I told you... it's not that simple..." I said. "Why?" She asked, looking at me in confusion.

"Because... because I'm a monster..." I said. "Y/N... I really don't understand..." she said. "Just forget it... it's better if you don't know..." I said, I turn around and walks away from her. She keeps calling out for me, but I ignore her.

I keep walking, without looking where I was going. I only realize someone is standing in front of me after I bump into their chest. I stumble a little, but the person caught me before I fall.

"Percy..." I said, after realizing who it was. "Y/N..." he said, smiling. He pulls me up, so I'm standing straight. I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear, looking away from him.

"Y/N..." he called out. "Yeah?" I said, in a hush tone. "Can't you just give me a chance?" He asked. I look at him for a bit. "I... I don't know..." I said, looking down.

I feel his hand grabbing mine. Then he place it on his chest, where his heart should be. "I swear, Y/N... it wasn't my intention to hurt you. I love you... I truly do! Please... just give me a chance to prove myself to you..." he begged. I can see sincerity in his eyes. "P-Please... I would do anything... just let me prove myself to you. I promise I won't hurt you, Y/N..." he said, starting to sound desperate. I take a step closer to him, until we're close to the point our noses is touching.

"Don't make promises you can't keep..." I said, in a very low voice. "I'll keep it. I swear on everything I have I WILL keep my promise. I would never hurt you!" He said. I hesitate for a bit. Then I lean up, placing my lips on his.

I pull away from the kiss, keeping my forehead on his. "Please don't hurt me..." I said. "Never... I swear on my life..." he said. I nod my head and wraps my arms around his waist. "I love you, Y/N..." he said, hugging me tightly. I nod my head "I love you too..." I said. Seems like I finally accept it... that I'm in love with him... now we're together. But...

How long would it last?

*to be continued*