"Be careful, My Lord." Arthur draws his sword stepping between the shield and the king cautiously while Uther inspects the shield. Suddenly the chamber doors are pushed open and the boys coming running in out of breath holding the two severed halves of a snake.

" What is the meaning of this?!" Uther shouts.

" Your Majesty..." Rowans voice cracked and he began coughing hold his clearly bruised throat.

" Your Majesty my brother and I were watching over Sir Ewan who was to be a witness to the court when this snake came in to finish the job and kill the witness. It then attacked my brother nearly choking him to death before I cut off it's head, it's the same type of snake that bit Sir Ewan the first time My Lord." Arty finished out of breath bowing low. The crowd gasped and Arthur rushed forward to inspect the snake then ask if Rowan was okay to which he received a nod. Arthur took the dead snake from the boys and murmured for them to go to their mother, both boys bowed and hurried to Merlyn's side. Merlyn checked her sons throat but he batted away her hand whispering that he was okay before she began trying to clean the blood from his face.

" Father as you can see the snake is the same one that was shown previous, it was obviously sent by Valiant to silence the witness." Arthur informed the King while holding the snake out, the King looked at the serpent unimpressed.

" This is not enough evidence to support these allegations. Have you seen Valiant using magic?" Uther questions causing Arthur to step back in shock.

" No. But my servant fought one of the snakes from..." Arthur was cut of by the King.

" Your servant? You made these outrageous accusations against a knight on the word of your servant?" Uther barked.

" I believe she's telling the truth!" Arthur yelled back fury lacing his words.

" My Lord, am I really to be judged on some hearsay from a girl and her little brats?" Valiant pipped up smugly from behind the King. Merlyn felt magic crackle through her veins as her anger rose and she stalked forward, Arthur tried to stop her and she side stepped him grabbing the dagger from his belt and walking up to the shield.

" You want proof then here it is." Merlyn spat at the king before slicing open the palm of her hand allowing the blood to drip on the shield, from the crowd who was focused on the arrogant servant Rowan closed his eyes to hide the silver that lit them as he stretched his magic across the room to the shield. He could sense the snake hidden within the metal and began calling to it, the snake rose to the sound of his voice and tried to pull away but he quickly grabbed it with a clawed hand and yanked it from the metal. The crowd gasped as the snake was forced to rise from the shield and Valiant's expression became panicked.

"What are you doing? I didn't summon you!" He snapped before drawing his sword and taking a swing at Merlyn who quickly ducked and jumped back out of the way.

" He is using magic." Uther cried from where he'd backed away.

" And now they see you for what you really are." Arthur laughed as he drew his sword. Valiant chuckles and orders the snake to the ground.

" Kill him!" Valiant growls. Arthur steps forward to strike the snake but the snake dodges and wraps around his sword arm rising to strike his face while Merlyn reaches out and grabs it mid strike. Merlyn grips her other hand lower and with a violet jerk stretches the snakes spine breaking it, the snakes grip loosens and Arthur shakes it free just in time to block Valiant's blow. Merlyn backs away letting the dead snake fall to the ground, Arthur continues to fight Valiant and soon disarms him before running him through.

" It's looks like I'll be going to the feast after all." Arthur whispers in Valiant's ear before letting him fall to the ground dead. The crowd in the council chamber cheer at the Prince's victory and he claps Merlyn on the shoulder before turning to his father and bowing deeply. The King declares Arthur the victor by default and thanks him for uncovering a sorcerer, the King leaves and the council files out.

Arthur's Sons (Book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें