🕉️Guruparb🕉️

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥ ◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤ ◢
|GURUPARB|
By- @Har_Simran_16

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਨਾਨਕ ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਆ ਮਿਟੀ ਧੁੰਧੁ ਜਗਿ ਚਾਨਣੁ ਹੋਆ।
Satgur nanak pergateya mitti toondh jagh chanan hova

With the emergence of the true Guru Nanak, the mist cleared and the light scattered all around.

The founder of Sikhism was Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Hence, his birth anniversary carries immense significance for the community. He was born on Puranmashi (full moon day) of Kartik month according to Hindu Calender in 1469. Nanak Ji's birthplace was Talwindi which is now recognised as Nankana Sahib in Pakistan Punjab. It is believed that his birth was a mark of divinity. Guru Nanak Dev Ji firmly believed in the presence of one God "EK ONKAR" which means 'God is one'. Guru Nanak Jayanti is celebrated with pride, honour and great respect.

The festival of Gurupurab is not only regarded as an occasion but is also the birth anniversary of the first of the ten Sikh gurus - Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Sikhs believe that Guru Nanak brought enlightenment to the world, the festival is therefore also referred to as the Prakash Utsav, which means "birth of light". This year we are celebrating 551st Gurupurab.

Celebrations take place on a large scale over the Sikh communities and Food Forms are the main attraction of this festival. The festival is celebrated not only by Sikhs but by Hindus as well. People decorate their houses and Gurudwara with diyas and candles.The mesmerising moment of the day are 'Prabhat Pheris' (early morning processions). A day before Gurupurab, people gather at Gurudwara and join procession called Nagarkirtan. The procession has a palanquin of the holy book of Sikhs 'Guru Granth Sahib' and the Sikh flag called Nishan Sahib. The devotees sing hymns in the praise of Guru Nanak creating a joyful and optimistic aura. In most Gurudwaras, there is a continuous reading of Guru Granth Sahib which is called as Akhand Path.

The essential part of every Gurudwara is the Langar or the community meal. The food is cooked by the sevadars or volunteers and is served to all without discrimination. This great practice of serving food to all was started by Guru Nanak's Sikhs at Kartarpur. Serving food is believed to be a godly practice and is a way to develop harmony and brotherhood amongst humans.

 Serving food is believed to be a godly practice and is a way to develop harmony and brotherhood amongst humans

A very happy Gurupurab to all our readers.

#ind_legion
◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥ ◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤ ◢