⚕️ National Cancer Awareness Day⚕️

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥ ◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤◢
|NATIONAL CANCER AWARENESS DAY|
BANNER BY- ishraddha

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥ ◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤◢|NATIONAL CANCER AWARENESS DAY|BANNER BY- ishraddha

BY- thelatentwriter

You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have. ~Cayla Mills

Cancer, disease which is the second leading cause of death in the whole world with over 9 Millions worldwide death every year. While there's no guarantee for how or why a person's
body suddenly starts growing Cancer cell but tobacco is usually considered the main reason even still you can't be sure of that. But you know what health department is sure of? That is need to create awareness. Number of cancer deaths can come down to a great range with only early detection. Thus, this important day is in celebration.

The most common type of cancer in India included Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer and Oral Cancer. But still there are roughly 100 types of Cancer in the world. Like lung, prostate, skin
and various others and what about treatment? Long. Painful. Costly and still with no surety except the patient's will power. Being a Cancer survivor or a Cancer victim depends majorly on the fighter themselves.

While there are ways to detect Breast Cancer, about which you can read about more in the Breast Cancer Blog. There are some warning signs that need more attention. Oh which
reminded me, you know why breast cancer rates are so high? One cause is late detection and the "fear" Of being tested by male doctors. You are mature enough to understand what's
more important, so take your mums and grandmas for a screening once, it will def not hurt to be positive.

Now the warning bells include, bleeding, a sore that doesn't heel for long. Unusual bleeding,
thickening or lump in body, a persistent cough or maybe change in bladder habits bit these aren't something to be completely dependent on. Regular check ups and screenings are very important too.

Now that we are creating awareness, let's see some other facts too.

Several factors increase the risk of cancer (officially known as malignant neoplasm), including pollutants, tobacco use, certain infections, radiation, obesity, and lack of physical exercise. Lazy people like me, take notes! Healthy habits are a key to good life.

Those who sleep less than six hours a night are more likely to develop colon cancer than those who sleep more. This is a legit fact and I'm kinda scared. Respect your sleeping schedule people.

Cancer has two main characteristics: abnormal cell growth and the ability to spread to other parts of the body.

Cancer is the leading cause of death in developed countries and the second leading cause of death in developing countries, after heart disease. Weird thing is, I wrote about Heart Cancer too, I guess I've a weird obsession to dealy diseases or what?

Anyway guys, some important things out of today's class. Be aware, respect the signs, eat healthy, sleep well and lead a great lifestyle.

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥ ◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤◢

BY- GS_Stella27

CANCER- A disease whose name itself sends a shiver down the spine, and India has been in a tiff against this deadly enemy for a really long time. Scientifically, cancer is a group of diseases that involve abnormal cell growth and may also spread to other body parts.

According to a report by the World Health Organization (WHO), India had an estimated 1.16 million new cancer cases in 2018. As per Cancer Statistics, 2020, the projected number of patients with cancer in India are 1,392,179 for the year 2020, and the most affected parts are breast, lungs, mouth, cervix uteri, and tongue.

Use of tobacco has been one of the leading causes of cancer. Approximately 3,17,928 people
lost their lives to this demon in 2018 owing to tobacco consumption. According to a Lancet report, tobacco consumption may lead to 14 types of cancer. Unsafe sex is also one of the
main reasons of cervical cancer in women. It is estimated that a woman dies of cervical cancer every 8 minutes in India. Other reasons for cancer include alcohol, drug use, poor diet, and even air pollution.

Realizing the need of the hour, the then Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh
Vardhan, announced in 2014 that the 7th day of November will be observed as the National Cancer Awareness Day every year. The vision he held behind was to spread awareness about early detection and avoidance of the lifestyles that may cause cancer. He had also launched the first state-level movement on cancer control.

On this day, the people are encouraged to come forward to the government hospitals, CGHS,
and municipal clinics and avail the free of cost screening facility provided by the government.

The day of 7th of November has been chosen with a reason to honor one of the greatest
scientists the world had ever witnessed– Madame Curie. She is well known for her discovery of
radium and polonium, but not everyone is aware of her contribution in this raging war against cancer. Her work paved the way for the revolutionary development of nuclear energy and radiotherapy for the treatment of cancer.

Dr. Harsh Vardhan believes that if people are made aware and if their cancer is detected early, it can be cured in a much lesser cost in comparison to the expenses incurred by the person when his/her cancer is detected in an advanced stage. All that is needed is proper information regarding the disease, and how one should avoid getting cancer and how to look for early symptoms themselves.

#ind_legion

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥ ◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤◢