⁎⁺˳✧|22

•︎ •︎ •︎

━︎━︎ IN WHICH THE SHIVER RETURNS

"What?! Edith, there's no way it could be my grandmother." Tewkesbury exclaimed, his eyes widening as he shook his head, not believing what the girl had just suggested to the two others.

"Do you trust me?" Edith asked, raising a brow at the boy in question.

"Of course I do. But even so, your theory is totally barbaric!" Tewkesbury said as Enola knitted her eyebrows together in thought.

"It's not a theory, it's a fact and we're going to solve a crime." Edith said turning her head at Enola— who nodded her head in agreement to the plan — before looking back at Tewkesbury.

"Eddie, we are all extremely lucky to have lived this long." Tewkesbury told the brunette, his face plastered with disbelief. "And Enola, you want to drive us into a place where there is most certainly danger?!"

"Sometimes, Lord Tewkesbury, you have to dangle your legs in the water to attract the bloody sharks!" Enola yelled as she turned her head to face his with an intimidating look.

"Why would we want to attract the bloody sharks?!" Tewkesbury yelled back, his voice cracking, taking a deep breath in as Edith's eyes widened slightly, the two of them looking back forwards with faces painted with pure thoughts and awkwardness.

"Good point." Enola said as she straightened her back and Edith gave her a look that was more comparable to a glare than anything.

. . .

It was already dark as they drove past the gates of Basilwether. Edith gulped as an unsettling shiver returned, but this time she didn't know if it was that bad feeling or just the cold wind blowing against her already cold skin.

Enola stopped the engine by pulling the gear upwards, looking forwards before hopping off of the automobile, walking towards the main entrance to Basilwether after looking at the two travelling companions behind her shoulder.

"This is a terrible idea." Tewkesbury stated as he turned his head to look at Edith who was climbing off of the automobile.

"I know." Edith said, giving Tewkesbury a small but reassuring smile as he sighed, starting to climb off of the automobile. "But, we'll make it work. Dream team at its best."

Once Tewksbury had gotten down, Edith started to walk towards the direction Enola was taking with the intention of the boy following behind her, but instead, Tewkesbury stopped her by gently pulling her back by her hand. The brunette turned around, looking at their intertwined hands before locking their eyes, honey brown meeting ocean blue, like the waves hitting the sand on the beach.

"If anything happens inside there," Tewkesbury said, causing the girl to look down as she closed her eyes, having wanted to avoid this sort of talk before their final plan. "I want you to know that the time I had spent with you was different a-and different in a good way, it felt special. One in a kind." He explained, towering over her as she looked up into his eyes, studying the irises, seeing that his eyes were actually more of a chocolatey colour than they ever were honey coloured.

"Nothing is going to happen in there." Edith assured, joining both of their hands together, the feeling of his soft palms against hers sending butterflies to attack her stomach as she looked to the side, not wanting him to see her face that was tinted bright pink.

"How could you be so sure?" He asked, wrapping his fingers around her cold ones, looking down at their hands.

"I'm not." Edith said, looking back down at her feet. "But, if i had a death wish, it would be for you to stop looking at me like in the only girl in the world." She said, a smirk playing on her face as she looked back up into his eyes.

Tewkesbury let out a chuckle before a moment of silence occurred between them. Edith felt her hands warm up from the warmth travelling from his own hands to her, causing a flutter to appear in her stomach and a small zap of electricity that weirdly caused no pain to motion its way throughout their hands.

"But you are." Tewkesbury said so quietly that if Edith wasn't merely inches away from him she wouldn't have heard a single word.

The boy let go of one of her hands, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear as he stared down into her ocean blue eyes, but found his eyes slowly moving towards her lips as she did the same.

He didn't even realise it but not only did his eyes move towards her lips but so did his entire face. Her eyes fluttered half-shutting the comfort of being around someone that made her become who she was today, Edith could practically feel his hot breath hitch on her lips as they were almost touching.

Feeling his arm snake slowly around her waist, pulling her even closer to him than before, made the butterflies erupt again and goosebumps to appear on her skin as he ran a finger up her spine. Edith slowly wrapped her arms around his neck as the girl fiddled with the back of his messy hair. The fact that the two of them were both standing so close to each other didn't bother neither them for a split second.

Until it occurred to Tewkesbury that there was practically no space left between them and he let out a soft gasp, quickly letting go of the girl's waist and opening up his arms to engulf her into a hug. Edith's eyes widened from shock until she finally melted into his arms, sighing as she felt his head rest in the crook of her neck.

"Excuse me, am I interrupting something?!" Enola's voice echoed from behind them, causing the two to jump apart. "We have a plan guys! Come on!" The two stood there awkwardly before Enola added "you can share your bacteria later."

At the last sentence Tewkesbury started coughing uncontrollably as Edith gave him a pat on the back and with her face red as a tomato, she straightened her posture and walked passed the girl, — who had her arms crossed over her chest — towards the Basilwether mansion.

A/n
I need Enola holmes 2 rn kahisjdhdndjxn

Also I have no space on my phone rn omg I can't post this

07/12/2020
I FIXED IT AJVSSUGSJDVDUND