⁎⁺˳✧|21

•︎ •︎ •︎

━︎━︎ IN WHICH THE TRIO IS BACK TOGETHER

Edith had started to pace around whilst worrying about the boy who had gone inside the school Enola was staying at due to the amount of time it was taking him, but when she caught sight of two figures running towards  the place she was hiding behind — which was a large bush — she quickly ran from behind it and engulfed Enola into a tight hug.

Edith pulled away after a short second with a chuckle as she looked at what the brunette in front of her was wearing. "you look ghastly." Edith pointed out with a laugh, causing Enola to roll her eyes before letting out a chuckle and without a word to turn around and walk up to the automobile.

Pulling the motor wheel, — that was situated at the back of the engine — Enola jumped onto the automobile.

Edith and Tewkesbury shared a look to which they answered each other with smiles before squishing onto the automobile seat next to Enola.

"Can you actually drive this?" Asked Tewkesbury, glancing at Enola before back at the view in front of him.

"I know the basic rudiments." She answered to which none of them said anything as Enola ripped off the large white collar that rested on her black dress. She pulled the leather and with that the automobile started to sputter and drive as Edith put a smile on her face.

The trio was officially back together.

"Left, right!" Tewkesbury told Enola as she slightly struggled with making the automobile drive straight on.

"Watch out!" Edith exclaimed as she widened her eyes and Tewkesbury started to panic slightly.

"THE BUSH!" He yelled as Enola drove into the bush, trimming the side of it off. He quickly clasped his hand with Edith's, as if it was a natural instinct to do so. The girl jumped slightly at the sudden contact with the boy who didn't even realise their hands were intertwined together, but it didn't bother Edith so she didn't say anything.

Enola let out a triumphant "Whoo-hoo!" as they continued to drive back into hiding.

"Enola!" Tewkesbury scolded as Edith started to laugh before turning around, seeing a woman in the window of the school building staring out at them in disbelief and shock.

So Edith did the only reasonable thing in the situation.

She stuck her tongue out at the woman — who immediately widened her eyes and let out a screech that could be heard from miles away.

"I'm not finished yet!" Enola yelled out with happiness laced in her words.

. . .

As the three drove out into the forest road, Enola started to speak the words Edith never thought she would hear —

"Thank you. That was, uh. . . You did save me." She said as the automobile jumped due to a bump on the road.

"Well, well, the infamous Enola Holmes thanking someone." Edith said as she turned her head to face Enola "this is new!" She said, clapping her hands together.