⁎⁺˳✧|09

•︎ •︎ •︎

━︎━︎ IN WHICH THEY VISIT BASILWETHER

Enola and Edith had put together a plan of going undercover as private detectives and trying to convince Tewkesbury's family to agree on their help with finding the young lord. It seemed like a good plan until Enola decided to force Edith into dressing up as a widow. She didn't see the point in it, but after all, Enola was the brains of their duo.

They were currently sat in a carriage that was being pulled by two black mares in the direction of the Basilwether Hall — which was the Ancestral seat and home of Lord Tewkesbury and his family. There where small bumps in the path they drove on, so when they drove by a bigger hole it made Edith jump out of her thoughts and jump quite literally for the second time on their little trip.

Edith peeked her head out of the window, taking in the view of the large and beautiful mansion as air blew softly through her pinned up hair that was being covered by a black veil. She moved the veil out of her face, putting it behind her head as she took a look at the gardens surrounding the mansion.

"Miss May Beatrice Posy and Miss Frances Browning". One of the servants announced as the two stepped inside of the mansion. Enola had just put the veil behind her head as the man continued announcing "For the Lady Tewkesbury, Marchioness of Basilwether". The servant gave a small nod before turning around and walking further into the hall as the double doors behind the two girls were closed.

Enola sighed almost silently as Edith looked around, trying to figure out what to do now or where to go.

. . .

"What is your buisiness here?" Sir Whimbrel asked as the two girls stood in one of the many rooms of Basilwether.

"We're private detectives" Enola told the man as the rest of the family entered the same room.

"We've come to offer our services" Edith added but was slightly cut off when the man spoke again —

"My sister-in-law has all the help she needs. Show them out".

Enola took a step forward as she said "I believe we can help you"

"You are reporters for one of those dirty newspapers". The woman assumed and Edith raised an eyebrow.

"We are no such thing!" Edith exclaimed as she too took a step forward.

"We are lady detectives". Enola told the woman as she scrubbed her face up.