⁎⁺˳✧|04

•︎ •︎ •︎

━︎━︎ IN WHICH SHE CALLS HIM 'FLOWER BOY'

The sun was beginning to set as golden colours overtook the clear sky and the gentle wind blew through the the fields.

"We should think about sleeping soon" Enola said as she lead the two behind her in their journey to nowhere.

"We should think about eating soon" Tewksbury said and Edith furrowed her eyes brows. They had no food. What did he think they were going to eat?

"You want to commit cannibalism?" Edith asked causing the boy to stop and look over his shoulder at the girl.

"What? No" Viscount answered causing the girl to become even more confused.

"What else do you want to eat? A tree branch? I'm quite sure we have no food" Edith said causing him to grin and turn his head back around.

"Of course we do" he said enthusiastically and pointed at the field. "Arctium lappa, which you'll know as burdock" he explained and turned around to his left, looking down at something else. "Um, and then there's Trifolium. Clover"

Edith stopped walking next to where Enola had stopped to listen and felt herself smile at the boy's knowledge of nature. Nature was something she always found fascinating, it was useful for anything really.

"And is that. . ." He wondered, speaking more to himself than to the two girl now. He chuckled and said "yes! I knew it!" Viscount suddenly jogged to the right and knelt before something. "Mushrooms!" Tewksbury twisted his body and held up a mushroom, saying with a proud smile "Agaricus lanipes, the princess, delicious" he handed the mushroom to Edith and she took it from him with a chuckle.

Edith held it up and curiously observed it to make sure it was edible, which it was — by the looks of it. "Alright, flower boy"

"Great, I'll start a fire" Enola said and continued walking forwards, leaving the two alone again.

"And I'll make us a feast" he added and Enola looked over her shoulder it give him a quick nod before resuming her walk. "Flower boy?" Viscount asked after a short moment of silence between the two as he stood up with a raised eyebrow.

"Would you prefer mushroom boy?" Edith asked with a chuckle.

"Not one bit" he told her, mirroring her light chuckle as he looked down at her.

"I didn't think a lord would've known so much about nature" Edith said.

"I'm not entirely and idiot you know" he stated as she looked down at her feet.

"We should get going, it's getting dark" Edith reminded as she looked to the side — where she saw a started fire burning and Enola sitting next to it. She turned her head back around to be met with his honey brown eyes again.

"I guess we should" he said and after a moment of staring into her deep blue eyes he added "will you allow me to help you this time?"

She thought for a moment before straitening herself and saying "no".

With that said she moved away from him and started to walk toward the fire. Tewksbury stood there for a moment, staring at the place she was standing before, then looked over his shoulder to watch her figure getting smaller with ever limped step she took.

. . .

It was already dark as stars played in the midnight sky. They formed a sort of triangle  around the crackling fire, sat under the tree.

They ate the food the boy had prepared for them in silence. Edith noticed Viscount's eyes staring at her as he leaned on the hill, but she said nothing.

Enola hummed as she finished her food and turned to look at Viscount, making him turn his head to look at her. "I've been thinking. You need to disguise yourself a little. How do you feel about your hair?"

"I never cared for it" Viscount said as he sat up. There was a moment of silence as Enola picked up somethings from the floor "Cut it off with a knife. Of course you will"

Edith picked up a rock from beside her and rolled it to Enola "that one will work, Holmes" she said as Enola picked it up and threw a smile at Edith.

Enola started to sharpen her knife against the rock as Viscount looked around the area they were in.

"Who taught you how to sharpen it like that?" He asked as his eyes turned to the knife she was observing.

Enola took a deep breath in and then sighed "my mother"

"You're mother is very different to mine" he told her and Edith looked down at the ground, anger washing over her as she reminded herself of her mother.

"At least your mother is trying to find you" she said quietly, but loud enough for them to hear, with her hands clenched as Tewksbury looked at her.

"I'm sorry" he said as Enola stood up and sat behind the boy, cutting his hair with the sharpened knife.

"I don't need your royal pity" Edith said as she stood up and added "I'll go for a walk"

Without waiting for a reply she turned on her heels and walked into the night.

A/n
Hello!

Tewkesbury @ Edith: ❤️👄❤️
Edith @ Tewkesbury: 👁👄👁

First of all I want to say that this book just got 2k reads and wow, thank you. This is my fastest growing book (read wise) and yeah. I actually made this book just for fun because I was bored and never expected it to actually get any reads, so I'm just like woah. Thank you so much, again :)

So I'm trying to make Tewksbury and Edith warm up to each other by making them speak in private whilst Enola goes to do whatever she needs to, so I hope you're enjoying those scenes!

Also this chapter is quite short but I wanted to leave it on a cliffhanger. . . idk if I'll update today because I need to study for school 🙄😭. No promises ;)

And I didn't check for spelling mistakes, so sorry if there are any

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for reading!

Lennon ✨👁👄👁✨