⁎⁺˳✧|01

•︎ •︎ •︎

━︎━︎ IN WHICH THEY REUNITE

She held her head down and her back was slightly slouched as Edith made her way towards the train. She walked past a column and stopped, staring at the poster on it.

On a yellowish piece of paper was a wanted sign and an quite similar to Edith drawing of her. They still had a prize on her, but what upset her the most was that her family never bothered to look for her.

She ripped the poster off of the column and crumpled it up before dropping it on the ground and carrying on walking.

The brunette showed her ticket to a man who was eyeing her suspiciously but let her by to the train anyway.

"No sign of him anywhere, sir" said on of the policemen who rushed past the boy in front of her. Edith ducked her head even lower due of the police.

There was a worried voice of a woman behind Edith, who was — from what she had heard — looking for her son. Then there was an older man insisting that he was on the train and an elderly woman who walked quietly with her walking stick clanking every time it hit the concrete floor.

The boy in front carried on walking, Edith right behind him. Only when the boy briefly looked over his shoulder did Edith realise who it was.

He — more like she — stepped onto the train as Edith entered the train from one door before. Edith walked through the slim train corridor, walking past people until she saw the 'boy' from before, looking outside of the open door wooden. She leaned against the wall around 5 metres from the person she was looking for.

She checked if anyone else was in the train corridor and then crossed her arms over her chest "I must say, you do pull off those clothes better than I do, Enola Holmes" Edith said with a smirk as Enola jumped out of her skin and turned around.

Edith lifted her hat up slightly, just enough for Enola to recognise her.

"Edith. . ." The Holmes daughter breathed out, not believing that she actually showed up.

"The one and only" Edith said as she pushed herself off of the wall and opened her arms with a smile. "Come here"

Enola wrapped her arms around the girl and the latter did the same. They embraced for a moment, it was a great feeling for Edith to hug someone who she knew cared about her after three years of hiding.

"Come on, let's find a compartment before anyone recognises us" Edith said quietly and Enola nodded in agreement before the two set off to find a compartment.

. . .

The two girls walked into the train compartment. The seats were of a dark red colour and the windows were quite dirty. There was a large bag on one of the racks, but no one else was in the compartment.

Enola took off her jacket before sitting down opposite Edith.

"So, you wanted me to meet you" Edith reminded and Enola nodded as she set her jacket beside herself on the seat, looking around and rolling up the sleeves of her white blouse.

"Yes I did, it's important" Enola stated as she finally set her eyes on Edith.

"I figured. Do tell" Edith said as she leaned on her seat.

"My mother's gone missing" Enola said hesitantly "and I need you to help me find her".

Edith's eyes widened at her words, she was not expecting those words to come out of her friends mouth "that's. . . unexpected"

"Will you help me?" Enola asked slightly impatiently.

Edith thought for a moment, she opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by sudden thudding coming from the rack above her. Then there was a sneeze as the two started to look around. Edith stood up and walked to stand on the side Enola was sitting at.

Her heart started to race at the uncommon situation they were in, but she felt stuck, like she could move. Fright that she would be caught overlapped her emotions but then relief that she didn't say anything about her situation made her relieved.

Relief won, making her calm down a bit.

A/n

Hi! This one is quite short but I promise the next one is way longer!

Hope you enjoyed it thought :)