⁎⁺˳✧|15

•︎ •︎ •︎

━︎━︎ IN WHICH IT'S HER FAULT

Edith opened her eyes, finding herself in a room, but not the one she fell asleep in. Her eyes roamed the ceiling for a few moment before slowly sitting up, the bed creaking as she did so.

The bed was placed in the middle of a large room that was covered with paintings. She looked around, finding the room oddly familiar as a sense of déjà vu hit her head.

Edith stood up in a slow pace as she looked around, her heels clanking against the floors as she walked out of the large room she was in.

She found herself in a hall that had the bottom half of the walls decked with carefully carved wood and the top half painted with a pale beige colour.

Edith looked forward, her eyebrows furrowing when she saw someone standing on the other end of the corridor that seemed to never end.

The brunette took slow steps — that, one by one, turned faster by the moment — forward. The sound of her heels clanking as she ran through the hallway bounced off of the walls in the corridor, causing a loud echo to be heard and the figure gaining size with each step Edith took.

Just when she was about to reach the person did she recognise who it was,

Jane Ainsley.

Then it all hit her like a carriage.

This was her family home.

"M-mother?" Edith asked, her voice breaking down as tears brimmed her eyes.

"Where have you been, Edith?" Jane, a woman in her forties with brown, greying hair asked. Her tone emotionless as her blue eyes stared into Edith's ones.

Edith wanted to say something, but in that moment she couldn't manage to croak out a single word that would be understood by the human kind.

From behind her mother, a smaller but still tall figure walked out, holding a hand to his chest where the bullet wound bled viscously.

"Why did you do this to me, Edith?" Asked the innocent voice of Billy Ainsley as his extremely paled face went even paler, he looked of death and nothing more.

"YOU DID THIS!" Yelled the woman, causing Edith to cover her ears with her hands as her mother's voice sounded as if coming from inside Edith's head. "THIS IS YOUR FAULT!"

Edith shut her eyes, her face scrunched up as she tried to keep the tears at bay. "No" she said under her breath as she pressed her hands harder onto her ears.

"You left me to die. . ." His voice spoke inside of her head as her eyes opened, letting a salty tear fall down her eye.

"I didn't know what to do, Billy" She croaked out, her voice trembling as she loosened the grip on her ears.

"BUT YOU LEFT!" He yelled out, causing Edith to let tears fall down her face freely as she clutched her ears as if wanting to rip them off.

"AND YOU LEFT US TO MOURN TWO DEATHS!" Her mother yelled.

"Two?"

"You're brothers. . . and our family's name"

"It wasn't even good in the first place!" Edith argued back as her eyes reddened from her tears.

"But you made it worse!" The woman hissed out with her teeth clenched.

The amount of noise inside her head made Edith fall onto her knees, her dress to splay around her.

For once in her life she felt weak and useless. She felt as if she was unnecessary to this world, like it could be better without her.

"It's my fault" Edith told the two people standing in front of her, her voice almost impossible to hear.

"Say it louder!" The two of them demanded as they watched Edith head rise slowly, showing them her tear stained eyes and the dried tears on her cheeks.

"I said, it's my fault". Edith repeated, taking in a deep breath before continuing. "It's my fault I let you die, it's my fault the family broke down and it's my fault I'm such a disappointment!"

A moment of silence passed when out of nowhere she heard an all too familiar voice speak out, the two people in front of her evaporating into thin air.

"It's not your fault, I promise you".

A/n
Omg forgive me for this short ass shit chapter-

This chapter is dedicated to the one and only jamesfuckinpotter who inspired the idea of this chapter! I love you Minnie bitch 😘

The next one is more exciting and is gonna include some *ship name* content I promise but this was important for the story line. I'll publish the next chapter after I finish hw because school is a bitch and I didn't get to finish the chapter ugh

Also I didn't know how to mention this in the chapter but this was a nightmare for anyone who hasn't figured that out yet :)

Follow my Instagram (@Siriuslychill) if you want to for — usually daily — content on all my books and little sneak peaks of chapters that I post on my ig stories some time. I can interact more with you guys, which is something I really want to do!

And, one last thing, I started a new book called "Orphic". It's a Stranger Things, Max fic and I would appreciate if anyone wanted to check it out <33 You can find it on my acc @Siriuslychill

Love you all, Lennon 💙