⁎⁺˳✧|20

•︎ •︎ •︎

━︎━︎ IN WHICH SHE FINDS A PLAN

Edith woke up, her eyes immediately looking out of the window to the find that the rain had stopped pouring down from the gloomy clouds and the sun had started shining brighter than ever in London, which could only mean one thing and that was that they had entered the countryside of England.

Looking to her other side, Edith was met with a small shock as she saw Tewkesbury's face inches away from her own, fast asleep, emitting soft snores.

She felt safe in his arms, as if it was a shield surrounding her from all danger, but little did she know he felt exactly the same, finally being able to have a peaceful sleep with her beside him.

A smile crept onto her face and without realising it she had gently ran her hand through his soft hair, making it messier than before, random brown locks of hair sticking up from him head, making him look more adorable than ever.

Taking her hand out of his hair, she lay her head back onto his shoulder only to feel his arms around her tighten, pulling her even closer if possible, as he let out a chuckle.

"And you were awake." Edith stated without question as she bit her bottom lip.

"If you wanted to play with my hair you could've just asked." He said with a smirk — that could practically be heard from meters away — and another breathy chuckle as he shut his eyes back to sleep.

"Sod off, Princess." She said through a yawn, nuzzling into his chest, hearing his heartbeat that had suddenly sped up, but she said nothing of it except get comfortable in his arms and doze back into her pleasant dreams as she heard him let out a small laugh at her statement.

. . .

Walking down a much less crowded street than London, Edith and Tewkesbury passed strangers as they tried to get through the small crowd to the finishing school Enola was currently at. They were following the directions of signs stuck to the brick walls of buildings or on wooden polls, but still managed lose themselves in the small town.

Edith suddenly stopped in her tracks as she caught something out of the corner of her eye, looking through one of the windows she quickly eyed a potentially useful to their — yet non-existent — plan in the store and before Tewkesbury could walk further, she pulled him back by his black blazer, causing him to yelp and stumble backwards until he stood beside Edith.

Without saying anything Edith pulled Tewkesbury into the shop by the rim of his sleeve, the bells jingling as the door was pushed open by the girl, the boy following behind her as his eyes roamed the objects in the store while hers were set on one specific thing.

"Good morning sir, how much for that basket?" She asked, nodding her head at a large basket — that would surely fit a human — on the display of the shop as the man gave the two of them a suspicious look.

. . .

"And what are you planning on doing with this?" Tewkesbury asked as he carried the basked in his hands, Edith leading the way in front of him, her heels hitting the stone pathway with a clank each time she took a step forwards.

"Not me, but you." She said, turning to her left, entering an empty alleyway and walking further into it, Tewkesbury right behind her as he huffed from the answer he got.

"Me?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing out of pure confusion as he looked around his surroundings.

"No, the Queen. Of course you!" Edith said, turning around and taking the basket from him only to place it down on the concrete below them. Opening the basket's lid before looking up at Tewkesbury, pointing a hand at the basket and saying "well, get in!"

"Pardon?!" He questioned in exclamation, thinking the girl had gone insane as he widened his eyes.

"Just do it, Tewkesbury." Edith said with the roll of her eyes as the boy gave her a hesitant look before clambering inside of the basket, ducking his head so that his whole body was inside the basket.

He took a look at the girl from his sitting position in the basket that barely left him any spare room, but was enough for him to fit in. "Now wh- AGH!" Tewkesbury exclaimed as Edith shut the basket, hitting his head, causing him to push the lid open and sit up. "What was that for?!"

"Our plan." Edith answered, making the boy furrow his eyebrows even more in confusion

"Meaning?!" he asked, his brain travelling through a million ideas as to what it was until the dark finally hit the middle and he understood. "That's — That's a good plan." Tewksbury agreed, leaning back in the basket "I could've thought of that." He added with a nervous chuckle as Edith gave him a blank expression, kicking the basket so that it would fall over and it did, landing sideways on the concrete with a thud.

"Oops." Edith said, placing her hands on her hips as she looked around, an smirk playing on her face whilst Tewkesbury let out a groan, scrambling out of the basket, giving the girl a death glare to which she responded with an innocent look that reminded him of a puppy.

A/n
29/11/2020

Hi, ik this chapter is really short and random but I have my reasons 😼✋

also my wp on my phone is broken so i have to write these on my laptop and its annoying asf ugh

and i have an updating schedule for this book now!! hurray, so i update Monday (ik today isn't monday but i was too dumb to figure out that i can log on wp on a laptop, anyways) and Friday!! so next update is Friday!!

also, around 4-6 chapters left omg im sad 🥺

bye, ily, lennon