⁎⁺˳✧|03

•︎ •︎ •︎

━︎━︎ IN WHICH SHE TELLS HIM HER NAME

Edith watched as the train rode away, past the bridge. They were safe, for now at least.

All of them were panting as they laid on the grass, taking a moment before they would have to stand up.

Tewksbury sat up and groaned as he swiped grass off of his beige trousers. Enola sat up, her hair a mess — Edith could only Imagine how messy her own hair was currently.

Edith sat up and immediately noticed the hole in her brown trousers on the knee. Through the hole you could see her skin was grazed by — what she guessed — the rock that lay beside her, she was just glad it wasn't her head suffering from the injury.

"You do make an awful lot of noise, don't you?" Enola asked as more of a statement than a question as she looked at the Marques of Basilwether.

The boy stopped removing grass from his clothes as he leaned back a bit. "Well, it turns out, being thrown off a train hurts considerably more than you might think" he retorted and continued to swipe grass off of his sleeves. "And I've lost a button" he added as Enola looked away.

Edith took in a deep breath as she searched her pockets for anything to cover the graze with. It was bleeding so she had to apply something to it, but she couldn't find anything.

"Does anyone have anything? Like a handkerchief or something" Edith asked as she pointlessly continued searching in her pockets.

Enola and Tewksbury both turned their heads to look at the girl who's brown trousers were soaking with blood, creating a dark rim around the hole of her trousers.

"You're bleeding!" Viscount exclaimed as he and Enola stood up.

"Really?! I didn't notice!" Edith retorted as the two quickly made their way towards her.

"I have a roll bandage in my pocket somewhere" Enola told the girl as she rummaged through her pockets.

"No time" said the boy as he quickly took off his blazer and knelt down next to Edith. "There" he said as he handed her the beige blazer.

"Are you sure?" Edith asked as she hesitantly took the blazer from him.

"Yes"

"It looks expen—" Edith started to say but was caught off guard when he ripped the blazer out of her hand and applied it to her knee himself. She winced in pain from the sudden pressure on her knee.