⁎⁺˳✧|05

•︎ •︎ •︎

━︎━︎ IN WHICH THEY PART

Edith walked through the field until she stopped and stared at the night sky, the moon reflecting on her tear sprung eyes as starts danced around the inky colour.

She sat down in front of a thin lake, her knees pulled up to her stomach as she played with a rock in her hand.

"Edith. . .where are mother and father?"

She shut her eyes and clenched the rock in her hand.

"We'll find them, Billy"

Her knuckles begun to turn white from holding onto the rock so tightly.

"I'm scared Edith — "

A gunshot

Edith angrily threw the rock into the lake, causing the water to splash, some water falling on her. She burried her face in her knees, not caring if her graze stung with pain.

"Edith?"

"Billy?" Edith asked as she quickly looked up and over her shoulder to look at the voice she had heard as her brother's.

"No, it's just me. . . Enola".

"Oh" Edith said with a disappointed sigh as she turned back around to look at the stars. She heard footsteps approach her from behind, but she didn't turn around.

"Look, I understand if you don't want to help me find my mother —" Enola started to say but was cut off by Edith.

"Who said that?" Edith asked as she wiped the drying tears off of her cheeks and turned to face her friend with a smile.

Enola stared at the girl for a moment, she didn't expect her to agree but she mirrored the smile as Edith looked back at the moon and she sat next to her childhood friend.

"We've already gone so far, why not continue" Edith said with a weak smile playing on her features before adding "Also we're not taking his royal ass with —"

"Edith!" Enola exclaimed, not believing her friend's choice of words.

"What? Can't a girl swear every now and again?" Edith asked and Enola gave her look "who's going to tell me off? My parents- oh wait, they don't care about me"

"Stop it, Edith. . .If they knew the truth they would've looked for you, I'm sure of it" Enola assured.

Edith swallowed her saliva before saying "right, back to my question. We're not taking his royal buttocks with us, are we?"

"Wouldn't have dreamed of it"

"good, I've had enough of him for one day" Edith said and after a moment she added "You know, for this whole 'alone' thing you're pretty social with two people by your side currently"

"Oh, keep quiet" Enola said with a laugh as she gently elbowed Edith.

A moment passed as the two sat in silence but it was broken by Edith looking back at Enola and saying —

"You're not alone, Enola"

. . .

The sun took over the sky as the day begun. It was quite cloudy and cold but it was no different to the day before.

The three had found themselves a ride — two black horses pulling a carriage and a wagon with sheep. The sheep bleated as the three were squashed on the back of the wooden wagon.

"Well, you would say that" Enola said as Tewksbury chuckled but Edith wasn't paying attention to the conversation as she looked to her right — where green grass was growing and air whooshed calmly through it.

After a few hours of silence and laughter they finally arrived in London, where the two girls would part with the boy.

Enola slid out of the wagon, followed by Edith as the young lord stayed sitting, waiting for the carriage to pull him further.

"Oh, so this is where we part?" Viscounts asked, disappointment could be heard in his voice as Edith pushed her hat down slightly.

"It is" Enola confirmed as the boy looked down.

Tewkesbury nodded his head as he looked up from his feet to the two girl. "Then, thank you, Enola Holmes and Edith Ain —"

"Do not speak my name in public!" Edith hissed at the boy as he turned his eyes onto her.

"Well, then, thank you, Enola Holmes and. . . Brownie, for helping me here". He said with a smile as his eyes left the girl with a small sigh.

"You were supposed to have forgotten that name" Enola said as she played with the hat in her hand and looked at her feet then back at the boy.

"Then you'll have to find another. . ." The boy stated and his smile slowly dropped as the wagon started to move once again, taking the boy to wherever he was going.

His focus wasn't on Enola anymore, it was on Edith — who watched as the wagon pulled him away, slowly disappearing into the city of London.

A/n
Hi!

I know this chapter was a little short but I'll be publishing more today because it's Friday finally!

Also I realised a few days ago that I named Edith with the same name as Edith (from the movie) so I'm going to try and avoid them meeting so I don't have to confuse the names etc.

I hope you enjoyed! Thank you for reading, I love you all <33

Lennon