⁎⁺˳✧|12

•︎ •︎ •︎

━︎━︎ IN WHICH SHE SPEAKS TO HER BROTHER

The two had eventually found Enola and were currently walking through the market, trying to find their way back to the boarding house, Enola leading the way in her elegant pink dress.

"I found your flower pressings" Edith said as she walked past people, avoiding bumping into them. "They were quite beautiful, but what else could I expect from the Flower Boy" Edith added as she held the small flower he had put in her hair in her hand, twirling it around in her fingers.

"Not as beautiful as you" Tewkesbury said, making Edith pause in her tracks and stare up at him in disbelief whilst he had a look of adoration in his eyes.

"I still don't understand why you love flowers so much —" Edith started to say but was cut off by Tewkesbury.

"That's because you're ignorant" he stated with a smirk.

"I am not ignorant!" Edith protested as she stomped her foot closer to him, standing on her toes, trying to level up with his height, but failing either way as he was around a foot-and-a-half taller that her.

"But you're still short" Tewkesbury said, the smirk on his face larger than before.

"And you're still a boy who needs someone to rescue him from danger". Edith said with a sly look on her face and a smirk of her own.

"I'm not a boy" Tewkesbury said as he sucked in a breath and watched Edith lower herself to her normal height "I'm a man"

Edith scoffed before saying "you're a man when I tell you you're a man". His smirk dropped as he chuckled, putting his hands in his pockets. "And you didn't let me finish, I was going to say that your flowers make you unique"

Tewksbury said nothing for a moment as he simply stared into her blue eyes and subconsciously licked his bottom lip before finally saying "I missed you, Edith"

A moment of silence passed before she spoke again "Stop looking at me like that. . ." She begun to walk again, the young lord a step behind her.

"Looking at you like what?"

"Like — " Edith started to say but was cut off when Enola said from around the corner —

"Hurry up, lovebirds!"

Tewksbury's face flushed red at that statement as he cleared his throat and Edith smiled slightly to herself and begun to walk a bit faster, leaving him behind her.

"Hey! Wait up!"

. . .

The three were just about to cross the road to where the lodging house was, but Edith stopped in her tracks when she spotted something out of the corner of her eye.

"Edith" Enola said as she and Tewkesbury turned around to look at the girl who was stuck in her thoughts. "Are you coming?"

The brunette snapped out of her thoughts as she looked back at the two. She shook her head 'no' and said "you guys go, I'll catch up".

Without waiting for an answer she looked to both sides — checking if anyone was following her — before walking into the alleyway. She walked through the damp alleyway — passing a person sat on the floor and mumbling something to themselves — into a place she had been before.

The graveyard.

She suddenly felt a cold shiver travel down her spine as goosebumps grew on her skin, but she ignored them and pushed open the gate, making it screech.

Edith slowly made her way into the graveyard, and approached the tombstone she had wanted to visit again.

Billy Ainsley

"Hey Billy" Edith said as she crouched down next to her brother's tombstone. "Long time no speak, huh" she said with a small chuckle which soon disappeared as she gently placed her hand on the top of the cold tombstone, as if it were her brother's shoulder.

"You can't hear me, or maybe you can, I don't have a clue, but . . . I miss you, Billy, everyday I miss you"

There was a moment of silence as Edith waited for him to maybe reply, but that never happened and it never would.

"It was never meant to be you, you didn't deserve this. I don't know what that old hag knows about your death, Billy, but she was certain I was the one that meant to be murdered that night and maybe . . ." Edith took a deep breath before continuing her sentence "that wouldn't be such a bad thing, you'd be alive and you'd live happily with mother and father. . ." Edith trailed off, tears brimming her eyes.

"I just. . . wanted to tell you that wherever you are now, Billy, I still love you a— and that's never going to change" Edith said as she shut her eyes, trying to not let the tears fall down but little did she know they had been falling since minutes ago now.

A/n

This chapter is really short but bare with me pls :)

Also in the next chapter I use the word 'peelers', google told me it means 'police' so I'm just saying so no one gets confused when they read that.

Also I'm running out of pre made chapters so daily updates might stop soon, sorry :(

And a little question to anyone who's watched Teen Wolf. Does anyone else ship Scott and Issac? Like I'm full on fan-girling when they have scenes together-

Love you all lots, Lennon