⁎⁺˳✧|11

•︎ •︎ •︎

━︎━︎ IN WHICH HE GIVES HER A FLOWER

The woman's nails dug into Edith's arm, but she tried to hide the pain the woman was causing her as Edith straightened her posture and looked her right in the eyes.

"It was meant to be you, Miss. . . Browning, you were lucky, almost. . . too lucky" she whispered with an evil look in her eyes.

"Let go of me" Edith said through gritted teeth as she sent the woman a sharp glare through her tear brimmed eyes, that threatened to fall at any moment due to the woman's nails cutting through her skin.

Edith bit her tongue, trying to keep her tears at bay and not show her that she was weak as the elderly woman said "Leave my grandson to me and I won't have them arrest you"

"I won't repeat again, let. Go. Of. Me" Edith said through gritted teeth, her voice lower and danger seething through her glossy eyes.

The woman thought for a moment before loosening her grip on Edith's arm as she straightened her own posture.

"You do not tell anyone of this conversation and I won't tell of you, Miss Ainsley"

Edith thought for a moment before nodding her head nearly invisibly.

After Enola had a small talk with the woman they were dismissed by the woman with a nearly unnoticeable and knowing glare at Edith, but the girl only glared back and walked off with Enola — who saw nothing of the conversation between the two.

. . .

Deciding today was the day to find Tewkesbury, the two young women set off to the location Edith had found.

Enola went her way in the outdoor market and Edith went her way to make the finding quicker.

Edith passed many people on the way, even a wanted poster of herself — which she secretly ripped off — but after long minutes of searching Edith had finally found who she thought was Tewkesbury.

He was sorting flowers in their baskets as Edith cleared her throat and took a step forward whilst saying —

"Well, mustn't it be the infamous Marquess of Basilwether. He must be captured, get him!"

Once that was said Tewkesbury abruptly turned around with his eyes widened and lips slightly parted.

"E-Edith?"

"Well who else would it be, stupid" Edith said with a small smile creeping onto her face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked with a chuckled as he watched her take a small step towards him with her hands intertwined behind her back.

"Why so many questions?" She asked as she watched a smirk grow on his face, their eyes connecting as if it was a natural instinct.

"Questions are good, you get to know the other person" he replied wittily as Edith rolled her eyes.

"Then I've got a question for you, Lord. Why, if you're passionate about flowers, would you come to London?" 

"Because I can be lost here". Tewkesbury asked as he put the tool he had been holding in his hand down into one of the empty pots and picked something up from one of the baskets behind him.

"And yet we found you" Edith replied as he took steps towards her, suddenly towering over Edith as her breath hitched.

"We?"

"Me and E-Enola" Edith said as she did everything in her might to not make eye contact.

"Oh" he said with a small sigh "and why have you done so?"

"Well, maybe I've grown to miss you in your absence and because, as it turns out your life is still in danger"

"So you've missed me?"

"I said 'maybe', that's doesn't confirm anything. And, aren't you going to worry about the fact someone wants to kill you and would even do it right here right now?". Edith said quickly as she straightened her posture.

"Why would I worry about someone trying to kill me when I've already got you to do that" Tewkesbury said, leaving Edith with her lips parted in slight annoyance.

"Nice coat" she told him trying to change the subject. "It... um- compliments you eyes"

Edith could practically hear the smirk on his face as he put his hand on her cheek, making Edith look up into his eyes at the contact of his soft hand in her skin, she felt like melting by his touch right on the spot.

He tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear whilst taking something out of his pocket and putting it in her hair, specifically behind her ear. Before he had put it in, Edith has seen it was a small dark blue flower that was almost the exact colour of her dress.

They stared into each other eyes, none of them feeling like breaking eye contact of moving away until Tewksbury cleared his throat.

"Nice dress" he complimented back. "Dark blue, it's coincidently my favourite colour"

"Well, coincidently, it's mine too" Edith said as she felt his hand drop from her cheek, making her suddenly feel empty as if she was missing something.

So, instead of standing there uselessly, she grabbed the hand that had just been on her cheek, intertwining their finger and dragging him away from his flowers to try and find Enola.

A/n
Ok twerksbury (yes you read that right TWERKsbury) is back.

Me rn: <EdithandTewkesbury3

Also act 3 is going to start soon!

thank you for 17k I'm this book and 700+ followers, that's sm people to love but I ain't complaining 💕

👁Len👄non👁