⁎⁺˳✧|16

•︎ •︎ •︎

━︎━︎ IN WHICH A MOMENT BETWEEN THEM OCCURS

Tewksbury had been awake since he heard someone talking in the room they were staying in. Soon, finding out that it was Edith who was crying and talking in her sleep, he tried shaking her awake as he sat on the edge of the bed, but she wouldn't budge out of her sleep.

"It's my fault" she kept repeating as more tears fell from her eyes.

"Edith!" Tewksbury called out, trying to get her to wake up, but it still wouldn't work.

She was shaking and he didn't know what to do so instead of uselessly trying to wake her up, Tewksbury took her hand in his, giving it a light squeeze as his other hand pushed pieces of hair from her face, hoping it would give her some sort of comfort.

"It's not your fault, I promise you" he told her as he shut his eyes close, not wanting to see her as she cried and was obviously in mental pain, which would only cause him to tear up, but he didn't want to show his weakness in front of her, the girl who was the strongest he knew, the girl who could easily beat him or anyone in a fight.

Suddenly, he heard a croaked gasp escape her lips and Tewksbury's eyes shot wide open as he felt her arms wrap around his neck and Edith's head buried into his the crook of his neck as she let tears soak the shoulder of his blazer.

He stiffened for a moment — due to never being this close to the girl — before relaxing under her touch and slowly rubbing comforting circles onto her back.

"It's not my fault" she said quietly, her voice muffled slightly by his blazer.

"No, no it's not your fault" Tewksbury assured Edith as he played with the end bit of her hair, finding it extremely soft and pleasant to twist around his finger.

They stayed like that for a long moments which felt like hours, neither of them wanting to pull away until Edith did, but only slightly as their faces remained only inches away, a slight push and their noses would be touching.

An even bigger push and their lips would meet.

Edith still had one of her arms around his neck, her fingers playing gently with the end tips of the brown hair that grew at he back of his head as he moved his hand subconsciously to her cheek, wiping the tears off her face.

They were both stuck in some sort of trance that neither of them understood, but they didn't care at all in that moment.

The only thing that mattered right now was their eyes and learning the exact shade of the iris' until Edith closed her eyes, causing Tewksbury to no longer stare into her eyes but onto her lips, outlining the shape with his eyes.

His hand traveled down her face to her chin where he let his thumb delicately slide along her bottom lip, causing her cheeks to flush red and her breath to hitch.

"Sorry" he said softly, causing her eyes to flutter open and only then did she immediately notice how red his own checks were, going into a shade of crimson, only causing her own cheeks to turn a shade of red darker.

Edith couldn't help to feel disappointed at the loss of physical contact when his soft hand left her face and fell onto his own lap.

Tewksbury sucked in a deep breath as he watched Edith duck her head slightly, making strands of hair fall down her face.

He felt her fingers play with the back of his hair, he tried ignoring the feeling of something erupting in his stomach, but he just couldn't, it was too strong to be ignored and he only wondered if the girl sitting inches away from him felt the same feeling.

And, as the answer to his question was still unknown to him, Edith knew the answer perfectly,

yes.

She had felt it even in the most simple of moments like an accidental touch or when his lips tugged into his infamous smirk. It was something weird, something she had never felt nor read about, something she was confused about.

"Can you promise me something, Flower boy?" Edith asked, breaking the silence that was slowly turning awkward.

"Anything" he replied, breaking eye contact with the girl in front of him and straightening his posture, but not moving a single inch away from her.

Edith took her hand away from the back of his neck as a smile grew on her face "never grow your hair out again" she then moved her hand to the top of his head and ruffled it whilst scrunching her nose in a way that made his stomach erupt with that weird feeling again.

He let out a small chuckle that soon turned into a laugh as Edith joined in with him. She watched as his eyes crinkled from his uncontrollable laughter and she couldn't help but see it as adorable, like a toddler laughing on their birthday.

The laugh in the room soon died down and silence took over once again as they stared into each other's eyes once again.

"Promise"

A/n
Hah sike you thought they were gonna kiss, especially talking to the hoes that help me with writing 😭 (ikyk who you are🧸)

It's for the slow burn y'all *evil smirk*

Teehee dw this book isn't ending anytime soon I love it and Edbury too much and will extend this story for as much as I can :)

21K READS?!?! JAHSJSD THANK YOU

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter, I tried making it decent so I hope it's good

Love you guys
Lennon