Chapter 39:

Both girls climbed down, Eleven still wearing Max's green jacket. The redhead let her girlfriend get inside and then followed her. 

-Who is it?, asked Max looking at Hope.

She simply shrugged.

-Hello?, said Eleven.

-El! Hey! I know that Hop doesn't want you wandering around, but I thought that we could all have a sleepover together, you know, playing videos games, watching movies and talking until we all fall asleep., said Dustin excited through the phone.

-I am sleeping with Max tonight. Maybe tomorrow?, replied Eleven seriously.

Max blushed, knowing that Eleven didn't precisely meant what she said, she used the wrong words, but it still had an effect on Max. Hope who both heard what Eleven said and saw how Max reacted chuckled drinking a fresh lemonade.

-Ok, we'll do it at Mike's house! Have fun with Max! See ya!, said the boy.

-Bye Dustin., chuckled Eleven.

The brunette turned around, seeing Max's red face and Hope's amused expression.

-What? Did I do something wrong?, frowned the younger girl confused.

-No, no. Come on, you're tired, you were sleeping five minutes ago. Let's get you to bed., smiled Max scratching the back of her neck.

-Oh okay. Let's go., smiled Eleven softly making the redhead melt inside.

-3 inches., said Hope as a warning to Max who rolled her eyes and nodded.

Max went to her room with Eleven and closed the door completely.

-3 inches!, repeated the older girl.

-We need to change into our pajamas, chill!, replied the redhead.

-Oh, right, my bad!, replied Hope chuckling.

Eleven was already getting undressed and putting her pajamas pants on. Max looked away quickly and grabbed her own pajama, undressing herself as well. She put her pants on and took her shirt off. Eleven was done and sat down on the bed observing Max. The older girl felt her gaze, so she looked back at her.

-Pretty. But, still a few bruises from Neil., smiled the brunette.

-Yeah, they take some days or weeks to disappear, but it doesn't hurt anymore. The fresh ones are still from Brenner, they still sting sometimes., shrugged Max putting her pajama hoodie on. 

-I'm sorry., said the brunette looking down.

-El, we've had this conversation. It is not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong., replied the redhead.

-But Papa hurt you., sighed Eleven.

-Yes, but it is not your fault. And, I mean, I hurt him too, he cried like a little baby., joked Max making her girlfriend giggle.

-Yeah, but still, I don't like you getting hurt., smiled the younger girl softly.

-I'm okay now. I'm more than okay. I'm with you. I know that I have people around me who care and who love me, so I don't care about the past. This is my new life. You are part of my new life's routine. No, you're more like the fuel of my new life. Without you, I would be lost and wouldn't be able to go on. This is the kind of love that I've been waiting for my whole life. I love you, El. Fuck the past., explained Max sitting down next to her.

-Fuck the past., repeated Eleven.

-Yes, precisely, but don't say that around Hopper, I don't want to die young., joked the redhead.

-Mmmmm, I can't promise., teased the brunette.

-Oh yeah?, replied Max hearing Eleven's teasing tone.

-Yep., smiled Eleven.

-Then I guess I'll have to make you promise not to say it., replied the older girl, turning to Eleven and kissing her softly.

-I guess you do., replied the younger girl pulling away, loving to tease her girlfriend.

Max scoffed, loving to see her girlfriend acting up like that. She kissed her again, but this time gently pushed her on the bed, making her lay down, Max on top of her. The redhead just continued to kiss her, wanting to feel her soft lips against her own. Eleven was very much enjoying it, which Max noticed. She stopped kissing her, which confused the younger, and started kissing her neck. Eleven, unfamiliar to the new sensation, felt a sound leave her mouth. She was confused and pushed Max off gently, frowning.

-Hey, are you okay?, asked the redhead confused.

-Why did I make that sound? I didn't hurt, so why did I make that weird sound$?, asked the younger girl.

-Oh! Well, you had the talk with Hop, right? So when people are making kids, or are enjoying the other person kissing them or touching them, that's the sound that comes out. It means that whatever is made to the person who made that sound felt good and they were enjoying it., explained Max cringing at her own words.

-Is this- Were we about to make kids?, frowned the brunette innocently making the redhead blush.

-Well, no, first off all, for kids you need a man and a woman, and secondly, no, just no. I was just kissing you. I was simply not kissing your lips but your neck, which apparently you liked., elaborated the redhead.

-The door is still closed!, said Hope from the other room.

-Sorry, I forgot!, replied Max.

-Just kissing. Okay., nodded Eleven lost in her thoughts.

-Well, if Hope hears us, we're dead, so no more intense kissing., chuckled the redhead.

-Oh, okay., replied the brunette looking up at her girlfriend.

-What?, frowned Max.

-But I want., pouted the younger girl making Max blush.

-Oh, uhm, well we can't right now. Maybe next time., replied Max.

-Tomorrow at the sleepover?, asked the brunette.

-No! No, a moment we're alone. Completely alone., explained the older girl.

-Oh...But we're never completely alone., frowned Eleven.

-Someday., shrugged Max.

-Guys, I need to pick Robin up from her job, I'll be gone for a while because we need to go groceries shopping and get some more food cause little red is a hungry monster! Keep the door locked and do not go outside. Don't open the door unless it's us. I left you some fresh homemade lemonade in the kitchen! Okay bye!, screamed Hope as she put her shoes and jacket on.

-Bye! See you later!, replied Max.

Eleven looked at Max with big eyes.

-She's leaving., smiled the brunette.

-Huh? OH! Ohhh, uhm, yeah she is., chuckled the older girl not knowing what to do or say.

-Soooooo?, wondered Eleven with her big brown eyes.

-Uh..., replied Max.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: it's been a while, but hi hello, I'm alive