Chapter 31:

Eleven laid down on the strangers bed without a moment of hesitation. Max let the open like Robin had told her, turned around to see her girlfriend asleep. She chuckled and walked up to the bed. She laid down next to her, slowly, not wanting to wake the brunette up. Max was just there, staring at ceiling and thinking about what had just happened. She couldn't understand what happened. The man who stole Eleven's childhood was torturing her, wanting to know where Kali was? Why? Why now? Maybe because Kali and Eleven, they're finally together in the same place for once, so Brenner took the opportunity to catch both at the same time.

'Max?' The redhead had a little startle, but turned to her girlfriend. 'I'm here.' Eleven looked at her and smiled. 'Can I ask you something?' Max frowned, but nodded. 'Uh yeah, sure.' Eleven sat up and Max followed her action. Eleven was fidgeting with the blanket, obviously nervous. Max gently put her hand on Eleven's. 'Calm down. What is it?' Max gave the brunette a reassuring smile. 'What did Neil do to your mom? R-Rape?' Max gulped. It was her turn to fidget with the blanket, avoiding the brunette tractor braze. Eleven had the right to know what it means. Max sighed, knowing what she had to do. 'Has Hopper had THE talk with you?' Asked Max not looking at Eleven. 'Oh, uhm, yes. How babies are made?' Eleven's innocence made Max melt inside. 'Yes, that. Well, when one person forces the other to, well, make babies against their will, that's called rape...' Max tried to keep it as innocent and pure as possible, but how could anyone do that when they're talking about something so serious. 'So Neil...forced your mom?' Max nodded and looked down.

'Did you feel that...I was forcing you to kiss me at the cabin?' Max frowned and looked up at Eleven, meeting the worried brown eyes. 'What? No. No El-' Eleven interrupted her. 'Did I make you feel like Neil-' Max put her hand gently on Eleven's cheek. 'Listen to me. You are nothing like Neil or that psycho Brenner, okay? You're not like them.' Eleven looked up with tears in her eyes. 'I have hurt people, Max. I have killed people.' Max whipped Eleven's tears away. 'They were bad people. They wanted to hurt you. They wanted to hurt our friends. You protected the ones you love, okay? That's what makes you different. You do it out of love. They hurt people because it's fun to them, it makes the feel powerful. So please El, please believe me when I tell you that you are nothing like them.' Eleven nodded, still fighting her tears back and holding back. 'C-can I hug you?' Max chuckled, because the fact that Eleven asks before doing so is first of adorable and secondly it shows that she understood what Max told her. 'You don't need to ask, Jane.' The brunette smiled when she heard Max say her real name. She didn't hesitate any longer and hugged her girlfriend. The redhead hugged back, not wanting to let go.

Unfortunately Eleven pulled away. Max immediately saw that there was something else. Oh no. She's gonna ask- 'What does dyke mean?' Max looked down sighing. She had an inner debate wether telling Eleven or not. She bit her lip and looked back up at her girlfriend. She grabbed Eleven's hand in her and  intertwined them. 'Some people, like Neil and Billy, they hate people like us, like Hope and Robin. They are mean to a person who loves the same gender, meaning a woman who likes a woman or a man who likes a man. A hurtful word for women who like women is dyke. They will use that word to make us feel bad. Stacey has done it in the past and I'm sure there will be others. But I don't care. I don't give a damn. Want to know why?' Eleven nodded eagerly. 'Because I love you. I don't say those easily, but I do Jane, I love you.' Eleven smiled like a little child who had just been told that they're gonna get ice cream. 'I-...I love you too Maxie.' The redhead blushed lightly, but she didn't hide it.

Eleven took the opportunity to kiss her girlfriend softly. Max of course kissed back, with no hesitation. This time it was Max who pulled away. 'We both need rest El.' Eleven nodded, still smiling with that same damn cute smile. They both laid down again. Eleven slowly wrapped her arm around Max and pulled her closer. Eleven put her head against the back of Max's neck. 'Is this okay?' Max nodded while smiling to herself. Eleven's warm breath on her neck gave her goosebumps. Neither of them dared to move. Both slowly started fading away into their dreams.

————————————————————————
A/N; yes I have been very lazy, I am aware and I'm sorryyyyy