Chapter 30:

Robin started driving, but she couldn't go to her place, and had no idea where she was driving to. Hope put one hand on her girlfriend's shoulder. 'My place.' Robin worriedly looked at her. 'Are you sure?' Hope nodded and looked at the road. Robin looked at the girls through the review mirror. They hadn't moved from their positions. It was adorable. Robin was happy to see that Max finally accepted her feelings for Eleven. Eleven wasn't asleep, but she didn't open her eyes completely.

They were all extremely quiet the whole way to Hope's place. Robin stopped the car, making Max look out the window. She had no idea where they were. There were a few houses next to each other. She recognized a house, it was Steve's. Hope got out of the car, followed by her girlfriend. Robin opened Eleven's door, offering her hand to the exhausted brunette. Eleven looked at her own girlfriend, who nodded. The brunette grabbed Robin's hand, and got out of the car, almost collapsing but holding onto Robin to keep her balance.

Hope opened Max's door, helping her out the car. The girl smiled and let her help her. Hope took her keys out and walked to a huge house, still holding Max close to her, scared that she would faint or something similar. Robin helped Eleven to the door. Hope opened the door, letting Robin and the younger brunette walk inside then following them with Max. Robin took Eleven to one bathroom and Hope took Max to another.

Hope made Max sit down on a chair and grabbed the first aid kit. Max was too tired to be scared or actually feel the physical pain. Hope cleaned the younger teen up and took care of her bruises. They didn't talk. Just a big silence. Not an awkward one, but it was comfortable. The redhead looked up at the older girl. 'Thank you.' Hope shrugged. 'I'm not done with your bruises.' Max shook her head and chuckled. 'Not for that. Thank you for helping. Thank you for calling Hopper. Thank you for saving us and thank you for trying to calm me when I was in Hopper's cabin. Just thank you for picking the phone up. Thank you.' Hope put one hand on Max's shoulder. 'I don't accept thank you's, but I accept hugs.' Max didn't hesitate and hugged the older brunette. She actually felt comfortable around her, even though they didn't know each other. She was happy for Robin, that she find a good person to spend her life with.

Robin was taking care of Eleven, mostly of her wrist, but she didn't get beaten up like Max, so it was mostly giving her water. The brunette was shaking a bit, which Robin noticed, so she sat down next to her. 'Are you okay?' Eleven nodded, but was obviously lying. 'You can talk to me.' Robin used her soft voice, wanting her to feel safe around her. Eleven sighed and looked down. 'I let papa hurt her. I let Papa hurt Max. I wasn't a-able to keep her s-safe. I f-failed her. I don't deserve h-her.' Robin grabbed her hand gently. 'It's not your fault. You couldn't help her. I know you tried. You did your best. Max cares about you and she's not going to give up on you because of what happened, ok?' Eleven shook her head. 'She got hurt because of me. She's in danger a-around me.' Robin chuckled, which confused the younger girl. 'What about when Billy shot you? Or when Neil almost killed you?' Eleven looked up at her. 'But I love her. I would die for her.' Robin smiled at her. 'I know. But she would also die for you.' Eleven smiled and drank some more water.

Hope and Max went to the huge living room, the redhead sitting down on the couch and Hope sitting on a chair. Eleven appeared followed by Robin. 'Max.' The redhead got up and hugged her girlfriend tightly, then pulling away and putting her hands on her cheeks, examining her, seeing if she was ok. Eleven smiled and just pulled her into another hug. 'I think you should both get some rest.' Max turned to Hope. The brunette smiled. 'Upstairs, second door to your left. There's a bedroom.' Eleven grabbed Max's hand gently, but Robin stopped both girls. 'Keep the door open at least 3 inches. We can hear you, don't forget that.' Max blushed and nodded. 'We just want to sleep, Robin.' The older girl nodded and smirked. The two girls finally got to walk away and went upstairs, in the room Hope told them to go.

————————————————————————A/N: guess who's back? Back again?