Chapter 38:

-Want to see something cool?, asked the redhead getting up from her bed.

-Sure., smiled Eleven

She loved when Max would get all excited and it's like stars would appear in her eyes. It was adorable. Max opened the window and jumped out, making Eleven's eyes go wide and she quickly stood up and looked out the window. A balcony. Max was sitting and laughing at Eleven's worried expression.

-Not funny., frowned El but she couldn't help but grin at the sight of Max laughing like that.

-Come on, you should have seen your face., replied the redhead as she continued to giggle.

Eleven jumped out the window, pulled Max by the collar and looked her in the eyes. The redhead literally stopped breathing as she felt Eleven's breath caressing her skin. She leaned down wanting to kiss El, but the brunette let go of the collar and put her hands in the pockets of her jeans.

-You should have seen your face., smiled the younger girl proudly taking a step back.

-That was hot. Wait I said that out loud. I mean, uhm-, said Max regretting it as she felt her face heat up.

-Cute. So, what did you want to show me?, asked the brunette looking around the small balcony.

-Right! Look., replied the older girl as she climbed up the wall using a pipe as a ladder. 

-Get down! If you fall, you die!, ordered Eleven.

-Just trust me., said the redhead calmly reaching her hand down for Eleven to take.

The brunette sighed but didn't think twice and grabbed her hand, letting Max push her with her. She followed Max's path and suddenly they were on the rooftop. Eleven climbed and stood there, looking around.

-You can see the whole town from up here!, exclaimed the girl.

-Not really but I can see Lucas' and Mike's houses though., chuckled the redhead putting her hands on the edge of the tiny wall that kept them from falling down.

The younger girl looked at her with a soft smile, which made Max confused. 

-What?, asked the redhead.

-No matter what I look at and how beautiful it is, I can't help but look at you and your beauty. You are the most breathtaking view I could ever see., admitted Eleven with a serious yet soft expression.

-God you're so cheesy., said Max blushing.

-You love it though., provoked the younger girl.

-You bet I do., replied the redhead looking at her and taking El's hand in hers.

Eleven shivered as she felt air caress her skin, as she only had a t-shirt on, cause she had been too stubborn to put a jacket on like Hopper had told her in the morning. Max of course noticed it and took her favorite green jacket off, and just put it around El's shoulders and hugged her from behind. Eleven smiled and put her hands on Max's that she had placed on her belly. Max leaned down and kissed her head softly. They both felt at peace. No more Neil, Billy or Brenner. 

-I love you, Jane., whispered Max in El's ear but loud enough for her to hear.

The younger girl turned around to face her girlfriend and kissed her without saying a word. She felt Max smiling into the kiss. Those few seconds felt like hours for them. Like time had stopped. Like they were the one living on the planet. Nothing but them. They were living alone in their own little bubble. Max had to pull away from the kiss, needing to breathe. She looked at her beautiful girlfriend who was smiling like a dork. An adorable dork but still a dork. No words needed for that moment. Just two human beings totally in love and enjoying each other's presence. Enjoying every moment, every second of the time they spend together. The silence wasn't awkward. It was peaceful and enjoyable. Max grabbed her girlfriend's hand and walked up to a hanging egg chair (google it, they seem pretty comfy), sat down and let El sit on her lap, while leaning back against Max's chest, watching the sun slowly go down. Max felt like El was melting into her arms. Like her body felt perfectly in Max's. Like even their bodies were made to connect. To complete each other. Eleven just let herself relax, even her tense body relax for once.  El just let her guard down, letting herself feel vulnerable. She trusted Max, she loved her. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with her, not that she would say that to Max cause she would be afraid that Max would feel pressured or scared by it. The redhead just kept hugging her and keeping her arms, totally clueless. But what El didn't know is that Max feels the exact same way as her. She obviously wouldn't say that either cause she would be scared to make herself seem possessive. She caressed Eleven's soft curly hair softly, making the brunette close her eyes, enjoying that feeling and the silence and peace surrounding them. She slowly started fading away and meeting her dreams. Max felt Eleven's grip on her hand weaken and she instantly knew what it meant. She's glad that she feels safe in her arms, that she feels comfortable. She had never felt it with anyone else, but Eleven opened a whole new side to feelings for Max. The feeling of being loved and cared for. The knowing that no matter what someone is gonna have your back and the knowing that someone is there for you and trusts you and is loyal to you. Max knew at that exact moment, the moment she had started feelings those butterflies in her belly, that Eleven was the one. The one and only. She didn't want anyone else. She didn't need anyone else. Just her favorite adorable tiny brunette and her presence. 

After a while, it started getting too cold, so Max kissed her girlfriend on the mouth as she had turned a bit while she was sleeping to lay the side of her head on Max's chest. The brunette woke up with a smile, seeing her girlfriend grinning and looking at her with a soft expression.

-We should go back inside, I don't want you to get sick., whispered the redhead.

-Mokay., replied the younger girl sleepy.

-Hey morons! Someone's on the phone and asking for you!, screamed Hope from the balcony.

¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

A/N: Hello, yes I know I haven't updated in a while and I am sincerely sorry but let's be honest, I don't know how to continue this story at this point, so I'll try figuring it out and then continue, K BYE