Chapter 20:

Robin knocked on her window. 'Are you coming?' Max nodded and quickly opened the door, almost hitting Robin with it. 'Sorry.' Robin chuckled and put an arm around her shoulder, looked at the building they were at. 'Welcome home.' Max finally noticed the building, and she couldn't lie, she was positively surprised. The building was one of the new buildings, made out of 4 apartments. Robin moved her hand up to Max's head, making the redhead tense up, and made her look up at the top of the building. 'We are up there. At the top.' Max couldn't stop smiling, she was so glad and grateful for Robin, so she just hugged her, very tight, before following her into the building. 'Who lives  in the other apartments?' Robin shrugged and walked up the stairs. 'No one. Those are apartments are all still empty.' That surely surprised Max. 'God, how long are these stairs!' Robin chuckled. 'Well, we could have taken the elevator, but I wanted you to have the full experience.' Max playfully bumped her shoulder. 'You're mean.' Robin looked at the younger girl and winked. 'I know.'

As they arrived at the last floor, Max looked nervously at the door. 'Want to do the honors?' Max was confused, so Robin handed her the keys. 'Oh.' Max shakily hand took them, and she stared blankly at the lock. 'I don't know for you, but I want to get some sleep. I have work tomorrow and you have school.' Max chuckled and relaxed, as she slowly approached the lock with their keys. As she finally managed to get the keys inside, she turned the lock and opened the door, revealing the small, cozy, messy but not too messy, welcoming, warm, and modern apartment.

The entrance leaded to the living room, with an open kitchen to their left. 'Are we going to stand here all day?' She gently tapped Max's shoulder and walked past her. 'Don't forget to lock the door.' Max nodded and turned around, obeying. As she turned to the living room, Robin was gone. 'R-Robin?' She half screamed it. Robin's head appeared from a door, in the corridor between the living room and the kitchen. 'Are you ok?' Max nodded, relieved to see the older girl. 'Come here, this is going to be your room.' Max looked at her feet, and slowly took her shoes off. 'You don't have to take them off, I mostly just wander around with my shoes.' Max shrugged and put her shoes by the door. She then slowly walked through the living room, noticing every little detail. Robin was back in Max's new room, putting some stuff aside, as the redhead appeared at the door.

A big bed, a desk,a chair by the desk, a huge closet and some shelves. No decorations. At the end of the room, there was a window, and a balcony. A wall was white, the rest of the walls were a dark shade of yellow. Max loved it.

'What are you doing?' Robin turned around with old food and pizza boxes in her hand. 'A friend of mine used to live her, but moved back to his house, and I haven't got the time to...well, clean his mess.' Max raised an eyebrow. 'He?' Robin nodded, not giving away any information. 'I found an old pj of mine, but tomorrow, if you want, I could ask my boss to get out of work early, and go with you to your house, getting most of your stuff, or at least what you want or need.' Max smiled and nodded. 'Yeah, I'd like that, if that's ok?' Robin chuckled. 'Look, I don't exactly know how your parents were, but let me just tell you, you don't have to be all polite and correct. Be a teenager! Be yourself! You don't have to be say stuff like formally! No one is going to make fun of you, or hurt you. That's a promise.'

The ginger just went for it and hugged her. 'I see you're very huggy.' Max shook her hand pulled away, looking up at her new friend. 'Not really. Only with the people I feel safe with.' Robin smiled, and handed her one of her old pjs. 'I'm glad you feel safe with me.' Max nodded and told the pjs. 'Yeah, me too.' Robin cleared her throat and looked the redhead. 'How's your head?' Max smiled at the thought of Eleven helping her putting new bandages on. 'Better. Eleven changed my bandage.' Robin smirked, and gave her a suspicious look. 'Eleven, huh?' Max blushed really hard and looked down, trying to hide it with her hair. She shook her head. 'I need to get undress, could you please...uh...leave?' Robin raised her hands and left, taking her time and still smirking.

The ginger finally put the pj on and sat on the bed, looking around. Robin knocked lightly. 'Oh, uh, come in?' Robin opened the door. ' Just wanted to say goodnight. And if you need anything, just ask.' Max wasn't used to such a nice "parent", this was new to her. Sure, her mom wasn't abusive, but she never really cared. 'Thank you Robin. For everything.' She looks around her new room. 'I could get used to this. I'd love to.' Robin nodded, and walked up to her. 'Can I kiss the top of your head?' Max chuckled, looked up at her and smiled. 'You don't have to ask.' So, that's what Robin did. She kissed the top of her head. 'Goodnight, Max.' Max sighed, and looked up. 'Goodnight Robin.' Robin turned around and walked to the door. As she started closing the door, Max got up. 'Wait!'

————————————————————————
A/N: I just finished writing the 25th chapter. Can't wait for you to read it!!!!!!! Also, what do you think about Max moving in with Robin?