I tried to keep my hair in my face, while trying to find something else to hide behind. But you see, this is why most people don't walk around with their hair in their face. Because usually when you have your hair in your face, you can't see. So that makes it sort of difficult to look for things while not falling over. But there are some people who can move around blindly without falling or running into things. This is something I'm not capable of.

So, while I was on my wild hunting spree for something to hide behind, I didn't notice that my chair was tipping over. When I finally did notice and tried to sit so that the legs balanced out, I was to late. I fell over taking a plant down with me and hit the ground hard. I knew everyone was staring at me, and I could feel the heat rising up my neck to my cheeks.

I heard running footsteps and then I felt a hand on my arm. "Are you alright?"

I looked up to see a guy about my age, with a Pete's Shack T-shirt on. He had dark forest green eyes and dark brown hair. He was really cute. Great, I just embarrassed myself in front of this cute guy.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine." I said, as I pushed myself up.

"Are you sure?" He asked, in an amazing voice.

"Yeah, just a creaky chair," I pointed to the chair lying on the floor. "Maybe, you guys should get those fixed."

He laughed. "Sorry about that. But if your okay, then let me pay for your food to make up for it."

I looked at him, surprised. "No, it's okay. You really don't-"

"It's okay. It's no problem for me. Look, I insist." He said with a smile.

"Well, okay." I agreed.

Then the the girl who took my order came. "Here's your Pepsi and plate of fries."

"Thanks." I told her. The girl took one look at me and the guy and then walked away.

I put the chair into place and sat down. He took a seat across from me.

"So, what's your name?" He asked.

"Kaitlyn, yours?"

"Nathan, what school do you go to?"

"RiverView High, you?"

"CrestWood High."

And we went on like that for a while. He told me that he was a junior, just like me. He was the youngest in his family and had two older sisters and two older brothers. He's been working here, at Pete's Shack, for a month now, and he didn't mind it. He was really nice, and I forgot what I actually came her to do. But, as soon as I remembered my head snapped up and I looked for the guys. They were still talking and joking, having a good time.

I pushed my plate across to Nathan. "Have some fries." I told him." Might as well, since you're paying for it."

"Nah, I'm tired of looking at the food here. That's really the only thing that tires me of this place." He said. "So, you like fries, huh?"

I blushed. "Yup, I like them enough to order a plate of them"

He gave me another heart-melting smile. "You're interesting, you know that? I've never met a girl like you."

"Thanks, you're interesting too." I replied.

Just then a really tall, red faced guy wearing a Pete Shack's shirt came to our table. "Nathan, dude. You have to get back there, our boss is here and he's being a pain in the ass."

"Alright, I'll be right there." Nathan said as he got up.

"Oh, well bye. I guess." I said, kind of disappointed. I wanted to keep talking to him.