Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"Wait, I remember another one."

Mandy shook a few snowflakes that were falling into her hair off of her head. "Another what?" She asked.

I rubbed my glove cladded hands together to get more warmth into them. "Another one of Jared's girls."

"Oh, seriously? Well tell me, girl!" Mandy practically shouted.

I leaned against one of the store windows that lined the snow covered sidewalk that we stood on. We were waiting for Noelle to come meet us, so that we could all go gather some more girls or proof together.

"Well, I was thinking about how completely stupid that jerk is and of all the idiotic things he has done. So that brought me to thinking about the Valentine's Sweetheart dance that we had at our school, and he was there with some blonde that night."

Mandy looked at me in shock. "He was at your school dance with another girl? What is he? Stupid? I mean, did anyone even notice. Who was this girl?"

I shrugged. "I don't think anyone noticed, actually. And her name was Sandra, I think."

Mandy let out an exaggerated sigh. "Wow, I can't get over how much of an idiot that kid is. It's like, he wants to get caught."

I looked up at the sky to be greeted with larger chunks of falling snow. "Maybe he gets an adrenaline rush from the fact that he might get caught. Who knows."

"Maybe he needs to see a therapist or something. Because, like, it's so not healthy, you know, the way he cheats on that poor girl."

I nodded. "Jared needs more than mental help."

Suddenly we heard a set of footsteps crunching through the snow making their way to where Mandy and I stood. When I looked up to see who it was, I was glad to see that it was Noelle.

"Sorry, I'm late girls, I had to shovel out the driveway." Noelle said with a smile.

"Oh, no worries." I told her.

"I could never shovel all of that snow out of my driveway, it's like too much work, you know?" Mandy said. "And I don't like to sweat, it makes my hair frizz."

Noelle and I just gave Mandy matching Oh Yeah, We So Get It smiles.

"So, shall we get going?" Noelle asked.

I nodded. "Let's do this."

~*~

"Hmm," Mandy put a pink polished finger to her lip. "Should I get the hot chocolate? Wait, does that have a lot of calories?"

"Mandy, it's hot chocolate, what do you think?" I asked her.

"You're right, Kait. Okay, I guess I'll get the, hmm, yeah, I'll get the skinny cinnamon latte. That sounds so good right now."

"Right, okay and Noelle, what would you like?"

"I'll have just a regular coffee, thanks Kait."

I nodded. "Do you want milk in it? Cream?"

"No thanks, I take it black."

Mandy scrunched up her nose in disgust. "You seriously drink it like that?"

Noelle nodded and laughed. "Yup."

"Ick," Mandy replied.

"Ignore her," I told Noelle. "How about you guys get a table and keep a lookout for the girl Mandy mentioned?"

"Sure thing," Noelle replied.

I sighed and went up to the counter to put our drink orders in and to pick out a pastry for us to share. We were currently at a small bakery that Mandy mentioned seeing a girl with Jared here. Hopefully Mandy was right about the girl working here, because if not, then we'd be here, staking out for nothing.