Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I had just begun to drift away into a deep sleep, when I heard some rustling and creaking from all around me. I blinked one eye open and looked over at the digital clock that sat at a corner table, surrounded by tiny candles that you get with gift bags at baby showers or sweet sixteens.

The Green glowing numbers read 3:42 AM. You're kidding right? Why are the guys moving around so much around this time? I sighed and shut my eyes closed again.

"Hey Tyler, Chris, Liam? You guys awake?" Drew whispered into the silent room.

"Yeah," The guys replied in whispers as well, a few seconds later.

"Alright," Drew began. "So-"

"Wait." Came Tyler's voice. "Is Kaitlyn still asleep?"

"Dunno, call her name and see if she hears you." Chris suggested.

I heard Drew shift in his bed beside me and then I could feel him hover over me. I kept my eyes shut and my breathing steady. I wanted to know what the guys were going to talk about, if they knew that I was asleep.

"Kaitlyn. Kait, Kaityln?" Drew poked my shoulder and shook me gently. "You awake?"

Liam snorted. "Well, if you shake her then she'll wake up, dumbass."

"Shut up." Drew snapped. He poked me once more and then said. "She's knocked out cold."

"Alright," Tyler said.

"Okay, so Tyler, dude. Can I just say that you're the luckiest guy here right now." Chris said.

"And why's that?" Tyler asked, clearly amused.

"Well," Chris rubbed his hands together. "Because you're girlfriend, Brooke, is the hottest girl in the house."

"Ain't that the truth." Liam agreed. I could just hear the smile in his voice.

Well, I don't know if I should be very annoyed with that comment or just slightly bothered by it.

Tyler laughed. "Well, I don't blame you for saying that. She's gorgeous."

"Wait," Drew said. "So, it's official? Brooke's your girlfriend?"

"Yup, we've been together for about a week now." Tyler replied.

"Damn," Drew muttered. The guys chuckled at his remark.

I hadn't realized Brooke and Tyler were a couple. I mean, I always knew they liked each other and they've obviously been each others dates on our group dates. But, Brooke never told me that Tyler and her were in a relationship. I think that's a very important thing that girls should tell their friends about. Humph.

"So, Liam what's with you and that Natalie girl?" Chris asked.

Liam sighed. "Oh, don't get me started with her.

"She seems like the really...clingy type." Drew stated.

"I know, and she won't get the message. I don't want her. Never did." Liam huffed.

Oh no, poor Natalie. God, I felt so nosy right now for listening in on their conversation. But, it was to interesting, I couldn't just tune them out now.

"But, she's pretty. At least you have a girl looking like that chasing you around." Tyler said.

I heard Liam shift in his bed. "Yeah well, I'm kind of interested in someone else."

"Alright man! Spill. Who is it?" Drew questioned.

"You'll find out soon enough." Liam said.

For some reason, my mind flashed back to this afternoon. I remembered how flirty Liam was being with Brooke. Maybe she's the girl he's interested in? But that'll be a huge problem. What with her and Tyler being a couple and all. I feel like I just walked into a bad soap opera.