Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I awoke to a couple of loud groans coming from my bed. Sighing, I picked myself up off of the sleeping bag that I had spread out on the floor and went over to Drew, who lay motionless on my bed.

He clutched his head and groaned another time. I picked up the half-full cup of water that sat on my nightstand and held it out to Drew. "Advil?" I asked him.

"Yes. Advil please." He murmured.

I went into my bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet in search of the Advil bottle, once I found it, I poured out two small tablets in the palm of my hand and returned the bottle to it's rightful place on the cabinet shelf.

When I closed it's door, I was confronted with the horrific image of myself, in it's mirror. My hair was sticking out in all directions, covered in strands of grass and I had large bags under my eyes, not to mention that I still smelled like the park and my body was so unbelievably sore. But, hey, last night was so rough, that it wouldn't seem like reality if I didn't wake up like this.

After getting a ride home with Dylan last night, who by the way was laughing at Drew's drunken state the whole time, we dragged Drew up to my room. I had asked Dylan before, if he could let Drew sleep in his room, but he just laughed in my face and said, "Hey, he's your best friend, not mine. I'm not going to deal with that mess tonight."

So, I was only able to convince Dylan to help Drew change into some of his Pj's, but after he did that , he launched Drew at me and left me to take care of him alone. Some brother he is.

Then, when I spread out the sleeping bag on my bedroom floor, I got everything ready and told Drew to get some sleep. However, he flopped onto my bed and said, "I'm the guest, I get the bed." It took everything in me not to murder him, because with all the events that had happened until then, there was nothing more that I wanted than to sleep on my soft, fluffy, heavenly bed. But, I just stayed shut and took my place on the flat, uncomfortable sleeping bag.

However, it gets worse. Drew woke me up a couple of hours later, asking me to help him get to the bathroom, because he felt like he was going to puke. Since, I didn't want him to vomit all over my new zebra-printed comforter, I didn't hesitate to get up and rush him over to the bathroom, where I stayed with him, rubbing his back for quite a while, all while he got sick.

Not too long after, we were back to sleep and then he woke me up, once more, telling me to do something about the intense light that was coming through my window. I sighed, completely exhausted and said, "Drew, it's the sun. There's nothing that I can do about it." But, he insisted that I find a way to cover it somehow and I ended up hanging towels and sheets over the windows to keep the light out.

Now, as I head back to my room, I can't help but feel so annoyed with Drew. Why on earth was he drinking in the first place? I mean, he used to say that drinking wasn't something that he was all that into, and now he's getting completely wasted at a school dance? I can't help but think that this has something to do with the fact that he hangs out with Jared now.

Jared. Ugh. At the thought of his name, I remembered what the jerk did to the school camera, just the thought of how I was going to explain that to Mr. Walsh made my head throb. I'll worry about it later, I suppose.

When I reached my room, I went over to where Drew lay on my bed and dropped the pills into his already waiting hand. He sat up slowly, threw his head back, dropped the pills into his mouth and washed them down with the remaining gulps of water from his cup.

He clamped a hand over his forehead and sighed.

"Feeling any better?" I asked after a couple of minutes.