Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The next day I woke up to a loud irritating beeping noise. I rolled over and looked up at my bedside table to see what that annoying noise was. I groaned. It was my alarm clock, it read 6:30. I forgot that there was school today. I slammed my hand hard on the buttons, trying to shut it up. It made an even worse sound, like a siren noise. I now started pressing random buttons trying desperately to shut it up. Stupid, stupid, stupid. When the beeping and the wailing didn't stop, I gave up and yanked the plug out of the socket. The noise then abruptly stopped. Yeah, that's right.

I jumped out of bed, feeling that I wasted to much time messing with that clock and headed for the bathroom. I knocked to see if anyone was in there. It sucked that I didn't have my own bathroom.

"Occupado," A voice from the bathroom called out. I recognized the voice as my brother, Dylan's.

I sighed. I knew he was going to be in there long, he always wanted to make sure that he looked perfect. "Are you almost done?" I asked.

"Pshh, I barely even started on my hair." He scoffed.

Ughhh. "Well, hurry up!" I shouted as I stormed back to my room.

A couple minutes later I went to check if he was out yet.

He wasn't.

"Dylan! COME ON! I'M GONNA BE FREAKIN' LATE IF YOU DON'T GET OUT NOW! GOD! I NEED MY OWN BATHROOM!" I yelled while banging hard on the door. I was hoping my parents would hear and get the idea.

Then the door burst open. "Geez, calm down. It's not like you'll look any better with more time. God, you're so annoying." He said. He had his hair perfectly gelled up and he had on a blue button down shirt with black jeans. Unlike me, Dylan was one of the most popular guys at school. He was a senior and mostly didn't want anyone to know that I was his sister. He also had the same features as me, he has blue/green eyes and light brown hair.

"So, I'm impatient. Sue me." I muttered as I pushed passed him into the bathroom. It smelled strongly of cologne and hair gel.

After I finished getting ready I went downstairs to the kitchen. Dylan was there with a bowl of cereal in hand, standing by the counter. I passed him, without saying a word, to the fridge. He looked up at me and smirked.

"What?" I asked as I poured some orange juice into a clear glass.

"Couldn't turn off your alarm clock, could you?" He said in a mocking tone.

"And how would you know that?" I snapped.

"Because the damn thing was wailing so loud, I could hear it from miles away." He explained.

"Well, I did turn it off actually." I sniffed.

"By yanking it out of the wall?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Hmmph." was all I said as I sat down and took a sip of my orange juice.

"You know that's expired, right?" He tried to hide the amused look on his face.

I ran to the sink and spit out the rancid juice, that explained the weird taste and smell. I heard Dylan laugh. "Well, if it was expired, then why was it still in there!" I yelled.

"Because I knew that you wouldn't have noticed that it's been sitting at the back of the fridge for God knows how long, and you'd be stupid enough to drink it." He explained.

"You know that you're really pissing me off right now, right?" I said angrily.

"Yup," He said popping the 'p'.