Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Sometimes I wonder if I was just born with relentless bad luck or if I just somehow accumulated it over the years like some sort of magnet. I feel like it's just a huge ball of bad energy that flows over me and just sucks any bad scenario that could ever happen like a vacuum towards me to create chaos.

I'm not sure, but what I do know is that the worst things always happen to me at the times when I am finally on to something. Or maybe, it wasn't bad luck or negative energy, the only other conclusion that I can make to how Jared always knows when I am about to bust him or have gotten a great plan set up, is that he is psychic. I mean, what else, right?

Either way, here Jared was, towering over us and settling his harsh blue eyes slowly on each one of us. His hand was still placed on the table and he didn't seem like he was going anywhere soon.

I cleared my throat and gripped my cup tightly, I could still feel the heat radiating off of the sides. "Oh, hey Jared. What's up?"

"Oh you know, just hanging out with the guys." He said not taking his eyes off of me, which was very unnerving.

"Really?" I asked, staring straight at him. "Then why aren't you, you know, with the guys?"

He chuckled sarcastically and said, "What? Can't I come visit some of my friends?"

"Jared, the term friend has to be determined mutually by you and whoever you're calling a friend. It doesn't work when the other person doesn't even like you."

"Look Kaitlyn," Jared started, standing up straighter and running a hand through his hair. "There's no need for bitchiness, and since I don't think you can ever turn it off, how about you dial it down a few knobs?"

I rolled my eyes and Mandy took this moment to chime in. She raised her latte to her lips and eyed Jared. "What do you want sweetheart? We don't have time for your little games."

Jared looked at her and smirked. He then proceeded to grab a chair from a nearby table and placed it right in between Mandy and I. Once he took a seat, he said,"Hey Mandy, long time no see, huh?" then he turned to Noelle, who was so quiet that I almost forgot she was there. "How's it going Noelle?"

Noelle just gave him a head nod and pulled out her cellphone, basically letting us know that she wasn't going to be a part of this conversation.

"Seriously Jared, what the hell do you want?" Mandy asked.

Jared slid an arm over Mandy's shoulders and said, "I want to know why you and Miss Noelle over there are suddenly buddies with Kait."

Mandy tried to shove his arm away but he held on tight and didn't seem to even feel her protests. When she gave up shoving, she huffed loudly. "We're friends, and it's none of you're business anyway."

"But you see, it is my business." He replied.

"No it's not, so will you leave now? You're jerk fumes are going to contaminate the place." I told him while trying to pry his arm off of Mandy.

He swatted my arm away and he held Mandy closer even though she tried shoving him again, which was really starting to bother me. He acted like he could treat girls however he wanted to and no matter how many times they protest for him to stop what he's doing, he won't. To him, this is his world and he's the king. This was very unsettling to realize.

"Do you want to know why it's my business?"

"No." I said quickly.

"It's my business," He continued. "Because I know that Kaitlyn is up to something. Up to what? Hmm, well I think it has something to do with taking my Leah away from me."