Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"Excuse me, excuse me, ex- Oh for the love of God, MOVE!" I shouted impatiently at a very tipsy couple that was currently in the middle of practically chewing their faces off right in front of the archway that led to the kitchen.

They moved about a tenth of an inch out of my way without breaking apart.

I huffed and shoved past them, muttering an (I'll admit) not so nice comment towards them. But, they were too busy in lovey-dovey drunk la-la land to even give a damn.

Apparently when Jared said that he invited a "few" people over, it actually meant somewhere around fifty or one hundred people. So in other terms as the stoners who were currently out on my front porch would say "a tubular rager dude." Not.

Leah's house was packed with loud, obnoxious, crazy, drunk, teens and she was perfectly fine with it.

I wasn't.

When the first few people started arriving, I thought nothing of it. But when the guests started falling into an all night rager category instead of a small get together one, I started to mind.

Oh, I started to mind a lot.

"Leah, you should really send all of these people home," I had shouted to her over the loud thumping of the techno music that spilled out of the speakers.

She gave me a crazy look then. "Why? Everyone's having a good time and my parents won't be home 'till tomorrow evening. We're fine!" Then she continued to dance on.

Now as I made my way into the kitchen, I couldn't help but feel extremely irritated. Leah was never the type to throw impromptu parties when her parents weren't home. She would start sweating at the thought of being a minute late from curfew. But of course, Jared a.k.a King Corrupter of all that is innocent was able to change that.

I stopped dead in my tracks when I caught sight of what state the kitchen was in. There were beer cans cluttering every inch of the counters, various foods and drinks spilled all over the floor, and chairs and tables were scattered all over the place.

It was basically a scene from a horror movie and the kitchen supplies and utilities served as the leading victim, while the hardcore partying teenagers were the murderers.

"Jesus," I said to no one in particular. These idiots don't know how to respect a home, that's for sure.

I walked over to the sink and pulled out a bunch of plastic bags out from the cabinet below it. Then, I started to pick up all of the cans, empty or not, and tossed them into the bags.

"Uh, maid, would you be a doll and direct me to a bathroom?" A voice from behind me said.

I stopped collecting the cans. "Look dude, I'm not a maid. Find it yourself. Kay?"

"Ooh, feisty one, I see." He responded

I turned to see who the hell wanted to give me a hard time and I was beyond relieved that it was Liam. Who also had to be wearing the hugest smirk in the world on his face.

"I take it that you're not having much fun?" He said as he began collecting cans and tossing them into plastic bags as well.

I leaned against the sink. "Liam, hey. Sorry about that, I'm just on edge."

"Hey, no worries. Just relax, okay?" He said with a smile.

I sighed. "Relax? I don't even know what that is anymore."

"Oh come on, it's just a little party, Kaitlyn. We can clean this up in no time."

I shook my head. "Little? That's an understatement. And besides those aren't my only worries."