Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Guess what,"

"What?" I looked over at Leah, who was practically dancing for joy. It was the end of the day and we were at my locker. I wasn't in the mood for guessing games, I just wanted to go home. I was wondering if Jared told Leah about me punching him, and if he did what did she think about it. But, I decided on not bringing it up. No need to start problems.

"We're invited to a pool party," She practically yelled.

"A pool party? In January?" I asked.

"Well, an indoor pool party, at Liam's house. You know how rich his family is, his parents are going to be away for the weekend, so he thinks that it'll be a fun idea. I think that it's going to be great, he says that he has an Olympic sized indoor pool with built in jets and heater, it's like a huge jacuzzi."

"Sounds fun," I managed to say. Truth is, I don''t really want to go. I don't feel like going to a party and being surrounded by Liam's obnoxious friends, including Liam himself.

"Oh liven up a little, Kait. It's going to be so much fun. We'll get to show off our new bathing suits, find you a cute guy, and party it up," She was giving me her 'You Know You'll Love It,' look. But, I was too distracted by the idea of wearing a bathing suit. I'm not really the type of girl whose comfortable with showing skin, especially wearing a bathing suit in front of a lot of people.

"Bathing suit?" I murmured.

Leah saw my horrified look. "Don't worry Kait, we'll get you a really cute one that's not too revealing. Okay?"

I looked at her hopeful, sweet face. I couldn't say no to her.

"Alright," I surrendered. "Whatever you say,"

 ~*~

"Oh come on Kait, you look great." Leah said while she applied watermelon lip gloss onto her lips. I stared at my reflection in her sparkly pink full length mirror. I was wearing a blue and white polka dotted tankini. The tankini top had tunnel straps and ended just above my belly button and I wore a matching surf short bikini bottom. It looked really cute, I had to admit.

Leah on the other hand was wearing a strapless multicolored plaid bikini top, with a matching bikini bottom that had side ties. She looked like a supermodel, her hair was done in a braided side ponytail, which made her look even better and ready for a pool party. She, unlike me, wasn't afraid to show a lot of skin.

I spun around in front of the mirror a couple of times to see what I looked like from every angle. Not too bad.

"Kait, trust me. You look amazing." Leah walked over to me and squeezed my shoulder. "Guys are gonna be drooling over you,"

I smiled. "I'm not to sure about that, but thanks Leah."

"Alright, well we've got to hurry up and put on our clothes, Drew is coming to pick is up in a couple of minutes." She said, already throwing on her jeans over her bathing suit.

We quickly got dressed and packed towels, makeup bags, flip flops and dresses to put on over our bathing suits after we get out of the pool, all into one of Leah's beach bags.

We waited listening for Drew's honk and when we did, we quickly made our way outside to his car. To my annoyance, Jared was in the passenger seat next to Drew. Leah and I climbed into the back, and I shut my door with a slam.

"Hey, hey, easy there. It's a delicate car." Drew shot me an irritated look. I saw a huge grin slowly form on Jared's face. For some reason, I have the strangest feeling that he is slowly brainwashing Drew into hating me.