Chapter 12

Chapter 12

♪ ...I'm walking on sunshine (whoa oh)

I'm walking on sunshine (whoa oh)

And don't it feel good (Hey!) Alright now

All right now yeah! (Hey!)....♫

Honestly, this was the opposite of what I was feeling right now at this moment. I was not walking on sunshine or floating around on puffy white clouds. No, I was more like walking in darkness and stomping on gray, dreary, gloomy clouds.

I was sitting in a back corner at 'Delights Cafe' drowning my sorrows in a large double chocolate milkshake, complete with enough whip cream to swim through and a large cherry on top. I was getting sick of hearing all of this happy music being played here. They've played 'I'm walking on sunshine' four times in a row already. I don't know if it's because they're having trouble with the radio or if it's just simply the owners favorite song.

Whatever the reason is, I was extremely close to giving them my harsh opinion of telling them to take off the damn happy music and play something about drowning in darkness and hating the world.

I've been coming here most afternoons, recently. I obviously haven't been coming to hear the music, but to avoid my friends. Truth is, I have avoided all of my friends this whole entire week. This includes Leah, Drew, Tyler and a few others. But, most importantly Jared. Everytime I would see one of them walk my way, I'd run the opposite direction or turn around the nearest corner. I've been ignoring their calls and messages, and I wouldn't even make eye contact with them at all in school.

I'm not insane, at least not yet. But, I'm avoiding them because I want to be alone. After what happened at Pete's Shack with Chris, I just don't feel okay anymore. It's opened my eyes to what Jared is. Which is a horrible and dangerous person to deal with. I don't feel like being bombarded with questions that I don't want to answer, although I'm pretty sure the guys filled the girls in on what happened when they'd returned from the boutique.

I don't want people to ask me if I'm alright or how am I feeling, because honestly, I'm not alright and I'm feeling like dirt. I don't want to have to fake a smile and say that everything is just dandy. I suppose that I do have a right to be a depressed teenager every once in while.

So anyways, I just find I'm better off being alone, and dealing with my own emotions by myself. Although, this happy music is seriously starting to dance on my nerves.

A group of very young teenagers sitting at a table by the window caught my attention. They were laughing and flirting and just having a great time. I groaned inwardly at the sight of them.

I looked around the cafe and all you could see were couples and groups of friends all over the place. Honestly, what am I doing here? I looked down at my almost empty glass. Oh that's right, they make the most fabulous milkshakes. I gulped the rest of the milky concoction down and slammed the glass onto the table, as if I were taking a shot. I almost said to no one in particular, 'Alright Buddy, hit me with another one.'

Hmm...Maybe I am going insane.

As a funky upbeat song filled the room, I groaned again only this time out loud. The extremely joyful teenagers looked over at me. "What?" I snapped. "Never seen someone depressed before?"

They quickly looked away from me and started speaking in whispers. Whatever. Let them.

My phone buzzed next to my glass on the table. I picked it up with a dreadful sigh and opened the message that I received. It was from Leah. Of course. It said: