Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Clunk. Clunk. Clunk.

"Hmmm... I think it's still crooked."

I turned to look at Dylan. That's the third time he's told me that I stapled the poster crookedly. I threw the stapler at him. "You know what, why don't you staple it then?"

He caught it and scowled at me. "Fine," Then he muttered something that sounded like: wishing they'd disown her.

I hated this. I hated this. Mr. Walsh thought that since I didn't want to go to anger management classes and he didn't want to suspend me, that Student Council was just the thing for me. He said, that I wouldn't get any punishments or have to take any anger management classes as long as I signed up for Student Council for at least a semester.

Fun.

But, the worst thing about this is, that I have to work alongside my condescending brother. Dylan.

"Okay, let's put up some more artwork on the bulletin boards down that corridor." Dylan suggested.

I sighed, picked up the stack of papers and followed Dylan. "How much more of these do we have to put up?"

"Hey, it's art week here, and they'd like the halls to be covered in, well, art. So, why don't you stop complaining and help me staple." Dylan retorted.

"But, I thought that I stapled crookedly." I countered as I grabbed one of the staplers that was sitting on a window ledge.

"You know, sarcasm makes you uglier." Dylan gave me a mocking grin.

"Said Mr. Sarcasm himself." I muttered.

We decided that we wouldn't get anything done if we stuck together, so we split up. I was in charge of putting up posters and artwork in the gym. He was in charge of everything else.

I made my long trek to the gym, carrying what seemed to be about a billion papers. As I shoved the wide double doors open, I noticed that there was yelling, shrieking whistles, running feet, footballs being thrown, and boys.

Great. I was going to have to try to put up posters while this was going on.

Dylan is now officially on my kill list.

I walked over to Coach Hawks and explained to him that I would be setting up here. He nodded and pointed me to where the ladder was.

I carefully made way through the mass of guys in hopes of reaching the Janitor's closet. I noticed that Jared and Liam were here. Just great.

I grabbed the ladder from the closet and placed it at the far end of the gym. Far away from all of the guys.

I was halfway done, when a football was thrown at my back. I ignored it at first, thinking that it was a mistake or something, but then it was thrown a second time, and a third. By the fourth time, I snapped my head around sending whoever threw it a death glare. I saw Jared in the corner laughing his perfect little head off, while clutching four more footballs.

Nice.

I went back to taping and stapling the posters, but then a football hit me straight in the head causing me to lose my balance and fall flat on my back.

"Touchdown!"

The gym erupted in laughter, and I could feel the heat pricking my neck and cheeks. After the laughter subsided, I heard three pairs of feet running my way. Turned out to be Coach Hawks, Liam and, well what do you know, Jared.

"Kaitlyn...are you okay?" Coach Hawks asked.

My head was spinning, I swore I saw stars.

"Uh...yeah. I think so." I mumbled clutching my head. I felt a dull throbbing making it's way to my forehead.