Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"Okay, So your going to casually walk up to them and start talking to them. Then you'll slowly ease in the whole Jared situation." I told Drew.

I was at Drew's house again, it was Friday and today was our last day to find out what Jared's important thing was. We weren't able to get any information the other days because every one of Jared's friends avoided me and Drew didn't have any time to ask. I was hoping that when we find out where Jared's going, we'll be able to follow him and see what he's doing.

"Okay, but I don't know if I should really take advice from you. Since, you know, the guys think you're crazy." Drew remarked with an amused look.

"Drew," I scowled.

"Okay, okay. Casually walk up and slowly ease in Jared situation. Got it." .

"Alright, now remember I'll be watching from somewhere in the room and when you find out what's going on, come to me."

"Okay, let's go." He said while picking up his car keys and twirling the key ring around his finger.

We went to Pete's Shack, where we knew that's where most of the guys hung out after school. Drew parked the car and then we headed inside. The place was old but friendly looking. It smelled like pizza and burgers. They had pool tables and air hockey tables scattered around the room. It was pretty cool.

I decided to take a seat, in the back area. There weren't many people there and it was easier for me to hide behind a menu.

"Okay, I think I see Tyler and some other guys over there. Alright, go over there and be friendly." I said shooing him away. I felt like a mom telling her son to go and make friends on the first day of kindergarten.

"Okay, whatever." Drew replied, as he headed towards them.

I propped a menu up in front of me and made it so that if you looked my way, you can only see my eyes.

I watched as he went and started talking to the guys. They seemed to quickly take him in. He sat down beside Tyler and then they started talking. They were soon laughing and fist-bumping. Maybe this would actually work.

"Are you ready to order?"

I looked up to see a tall brunette with a bored expression on her face. "Oh, uh can I have a... Pepsi and a plate of.. fries?" I asked, trying to focus my attention on the guys.

"Just a plate of fries? No, burger or anything with it?" She asked giving me a weird look.

I looked at her. "Yes, I would happen to like a plate of fries. Is there a problem with that?" I snapped.

"No, not at all" She said, giving me a big fake smile. "I'll be right back with your plate of fries and Pepsi."

"Yeah, whatever." I replied, losing interest in her and focusing back on the guys.

"Well, I'll take that." She reached for my menu.

"Uh, wait I still need it. Maybe I want to order dessert or something" I tugged at the menu. She can't take away my menu that's my only disguise for now.

"Will your dessert include fries?" The girl asked in a mocking tone. I scowled.

Then the girl reached over and snatched the menu away from me and left with an evil smile on her face.

Oh. My. God. That girl better watch her back.

I looked around for more menus in my area, but there weren't any. How aren't there anymore menu's around? I mean, this is a restaurant and shouldn't restaurants have more than one menu?