Chapter 31

Marinette stood in the entrance of the bar feeling more like Julia Roberts than she ever thought she would. After the shock of Adrien's first gift, followed by the rose petals and the note, she really thought her head was going to explode with the sheer fierceness of the love she felt for her blonde haired companion. He'd managed to then change the game again by what was placed inside the second and bigger box.

The red sequinned dress.

She'd never felt excitement as powerful as she had that evening. Getting herself ready; hair, make up, perfume, her necklace. She was equal to a giggling school girl getting ready for prom. It wasn't too dissimilar to her own prom. Apart from this time she was certain she was going to get the guy.

Searching from left to right she saw an incredibly attractive blonde seated at the bar. He'd locked eyes with her. Did he always look this stunning? She knew he was handsome but tonight there was something different. His face didn't crack as he began to make his way over to her, and the nerves kicked in. His serial killer eyes were back.

Reaching towards the low cut 'V' of her dress she grabbed her pendant and twirled it between her delicate fingers. She placed her lower flame thrower red lip under her upper teeth as she met Adrien's intense emeralds with her own. Blue met green in a battle of sheer lust, and she knew for sure there was no way this night was ending up with just a goodnight kiss. Butterflies circulated in her stomach at the expectations of this evening.

"Wow!" Adrien let out a breath. He couldn't stop looking at her. She looked divine, by far the most beautiful woman, not just that he'd dated but also that he'd ever seen, and furthermore she was his.

"You look pretty amazing yourself, Kitty." She'd called him kitty for years, she called him kitty daily, so why was this time any different? His body really was responding in ways he'd never felt before and the scariest thing was that he loved it. If he had his temperature taken at the moment, he was quite sure he would be placed under bed rest for the rest the weekend for a soaring fever.

Placing a crooked arm out to her, she slowly slid her own into it smiling at the six foot God standing next to her. He began to lead her out the bar and from the prying eyes of the rich despicable men wondering what one night with this his beauty would cost.

"I didn't start my conversation very well this evening." His right hand moved of its own accord to scratch at the back of his neck.

Marinette couldn't suppress the giggle longing to escape her. His nervous twitch was still there. After all these years he still had it and she could still make him nervous. This made her feel equal for the ability he had to still make her stutter.

"Perhaps you could try again then." She smiled at him and he melted. There and then, he melted, losing all ability to walk. Her smile was going to kill him.

He stopped and turned to face her. Unhooking himself from her beautiful body. He smiled his award winning grin before bowing in front of her. She placed her hand over her mouth letting out a sweet sounding giggle.

"Bonsoir madam Dupain-Cheng. You are looking wonderful this evening." His smile echoed in his eyes. They flickered and glittered with excitement and happiness, something rarely seen in Adrien's wonderful emeralds.

"Merci, Monsieur Agreste." Marinette curtsied back to Adrien. This was just how they used to be. Two dorks, enjoying the weirdness of each other. "Thank you for my gifts. Though, looking around at all the other males in this hotel. It makes me wonder if you're trying to be my sugar daddy so you can have your own dirty, rotten way with me."

Adrien burst out laughing.

"Well ... I am a couple months older than you, rich and I do want to get you into bed ... so perhaps I am your sugar daddy." He wiggled his eyebrows at her, enjoying the ease in their conversation.