Chapter 8

Adrien stood at the top of the Metro entrance waiting for Marinette to appear. He'd messaged her around thirty minutes ago to see if she was in need of a lift. She'd politely declined and told him she'd be getting the Metro. It was now ten minutes past seven and she hadn't appeared. He knew it'd been the wrong idea. A pretty girl like that riding the Metro was never going to end well.

Adrien pulled his phone out of his Levi's jean pocket and checked for any missed calls or messages. Nothing. He contemplated calling her or just dropping her a message to see if she was ok. A feeling brushed past him that she might be standing him up. He thought they'd got along well together earlier, he'd helped save her business making sure he stood up for his side of the deal. Now he was hoping she'd commit to hers.

Whilst he was waiting he checked in on the guys message group about tomorrow night. He was excited to be showing off a 'girlfriend', but slightly terrified they wouldn't believe he'd be with Marinette. She was everything he'd usually go for in the looks department, but her brain and her loving nature were against who he'd usually choose to be around. Plus everyone knew about her little crush on him. It had been the talk of the class for years.

He let out a sigh as he remembered the amount of times she'd run into class late. Swinging herself into the room in a whirlwind of apologises. He wasn't much better himself. He'd oversleep, a lot, thanks to all the modelling gigs his father pushed him into. By the end of their lycée years they'd share a secret smile between each other; not because of just being late though. Their friendship had bonded quite significantly over the years and they'd spend a lot of time live gaming on their consuls and talking random crap on FaceTime. Whatever happened to that close friendship? Was he missing it? Was he missing his bond he had had with her?

Marinette checked the time and dashed up the Metro staircase, crashing straight into a tall handsome man wearing the finest Ray-Ban's, Armani shirt and Levi jeans money could buy. He was stunningly beautiful, one of those faces you could sit and stare at for hours never wanting to look away incase it displayed an usual gesture making the bone structure even more exquisite than it was.

"I'm so sorry." She squealed out at the fine display of masculinity in front of her. She wondered if he was waiting for a girl or whether this encounter might lead to another with her. Actually scrap that. She was never that lucky.

"Still as stable as ever I see Bugaboo. I'll have to keep my eyes on you." Marinette gasped at the deep voice that boomed out to her. It was Adrien, of course it was Adrien. The only guy in the history of the world she'd fall in love with at first sight was Adrien Agreste, and this seemed to happen over and over again.

"Adrien?" He lifted the sunglasses off his eyes and looked her. The intensity of her blue eyes sent a shiver down his spine. He was actually feeling very lucky she hadn't already found someone, was it selfish to be happy she was single so he got to spend time with her?

"The one and only m'lady." He bowed down to her, grabbing her hand and kissing the back of it. Marinette suppressed a giggle with her hand over her mouth.

"Are we being followed my Prince?"

"You know it, Princess. So I feel I should give you a proper welcome." He stepped forward and placed his hands on her hips pulling her slightly towards him. He leant down inching towards her lips.

"Family friendly." Marinette whispered, as he tilted his head and kissed her on the cheek.

"Yeah yeah." He said as he pulled away then locked his fingers through hers. "Let's go Little Miss Goody two shoes." Adrien gave her a quick wink and she tried to steady her breathing after their almost lip lock.

She had been so close to kissing him and it took her breathe away. The Adrien who she fantasised about kissing for so long finally wanted to kiss her. Whether it was real or pretend she was willing to participate whole heartedly. A lot of her thoughts that afternoon circled around whether he would run far and fast if he knew about how much she still liked him? She'd never try and persuade him to be with her, but she wanted him to know he was worth more than he gave himself credit for. He was worthy of being loved and adored.