Chapter 9

Marinette woke the next morning with a small smile on her face. She'd kissed Adrien on the lips and he'd kissed her back. She was completely ignoring the fact that this was all fake, just for now anyway. She remembered when she got home last night she was still hungry so grabbed herself a granola bar. Placing her hands to her face she could feel the remains of it stuck there. She must have fell asleep on it.

It was noon on Saturday, about the normal time she woke up on weekends. She liked her sleep. Nothing was going to change that. Past boyfriends had tried to get her to go out running with them on a Saturday or Sunday morning, and at that exact point she knew they weren't meant to be. Marinette Dupain-Cheng did not do mornings. She also didn't date world renown playboys, well until now that was.

She'd text Adrien as soon as she'd gotten home last night, letting him know no one had tried to abduct her from the underground metro. She thought that would be the last she'd hear from him that evening. Yet every time she sent a reply, he replied back. It wasn't even good conversation, but the thought of it sent a thrill down her spine. He'd actually seemed quite excited to see her again.

Picking up her phone from her bedside table she saw it was out of charge. Wondering out, she made it into the kitchen before her stomach made the loudest noise possible.

"Woah! I think I'm hungry." She laughed to herself as she pulled out some croissants she'd baked yesterday and flicked the switch on the kettle. Heading over the the fridge she grabbed the milk and jam.

As the kettle boiled, she grabbed her Ladybug style mug and added coffee - lots and lots of coffee. About two and a half spoons to be exact. It was going to be a long day. Adding the water she stirred the granules to help them dissolve before adding her milk and mixing that in too. The perfect stay awake concoction. She took a sip, burnt her mouth and winced as the bitter taste hit her tongue. Yep, today was going to be great.

Cutting into the soft and fluffy croissant she spread a thin layer of jam, added them onto a plate and walked into the lounge to catch up on the latest episode of Love Island. Settling onto her sofa, still in her 'Cat's pyjama's' pyjamas she picked up her beautifully jammed croissant.

"Now this is the life." She said to herself as she lowered the buttery flaky pastry towards her mouth. As she took her first magnificent bite there was a knock at the door.

With her mouth overly full she let out a huffed noise, pushed herself off the sofa and headed towards the door, making sure the croissants were placed delicately on the coffee table. She gave them a lingering lost love look as she walked away.

Marinette checked through the side window to see who it was and rolled her eyes. It was Alya in full running gear. Marinette opened the door still chewing her croissant and motioned for Alya to enter. The latter did not look happy. Alya spent as much time at Marinette's as she did her own home so walked straight into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. Marinette followed feeling like a school child about to be scalded and having to miss playtime. Standing in the doorway, she kept eye contact with Alya as she drank from the bottle.

"Why haven't you answered my messages?" Alya asked the question and Marinette charged to the kitchen counter where she'd left her phone.

"Crap! It's dead. Sorry. Is everything ok? Did you need something?" She pulled the lead out from behind her kitchen stereo and plugged the phone in.

"I need you to explain." She slammed her water down and pulled her own phone out of her pocket. She tapped around for a couple of seconds as Marinette played with her hands. Her mind racing around what it could be. Before she could think too illogically; her last thought being perhaps she'd made a copy dress of one of Alya's for Chloé, she saw the imagine on Alya's phone and released a sigh.