Chapter 38

It had been two days since they'd returned from the bachelor/bachelorette weekend. The journey home had been interesting, to say the least. Marinette couldn't talk to Adrien, her head was going through the typical 'brain in the washing machine' routine and she was confused. She just didn't know where she stood. So instead of doing the grown-up thing and facing it straight on, she decided to sit in the back of his car and sew. She continued to sew for the entire nine-hour trip home, limiting conversation with Adrien. Luckily, he had just seemed to think she was concentrating.

She couldn't blame Adrien. He had been nothing but perfect. The words though. Those words that he said just played and played and played on her mind. She could not escape them. Matters were only made worse by pictures appearing of Adrien with other girls within the club they had gone to. He had done nothing wrong though. Each picture posted of himself and a girl always stated how lucky Marinette was to have such a loving caring guy. One girl even went as far as posting that he bored her to tears with stories about Marinette. He adored her, she knew he did, so why was it playing so much on her mind.

Simple, the university gala was this weekend, meaning one part of their deal would be complete. One part of their two part deal and then ... she didn't know. She'd lost her control and that scared her more than anything.

She let out a sigh as she looked through her pictures from the weekend again. She'd had an amazing time and that was thanks to Adrien. To her fake? No ... real boyfriend? The confusion took over again and she slammed her phone down on the desk, continuing with the dress she was working on for the gala.

As Marinette pushed the fragile fabric through the sewing machine she lost concentration, before she knew it her hand slipped and the material was shooting across the table.

"Crap!" She dived forward to save it and pull it back towards her. She needed to get a grasp on her thoughts and feelings. The gala was this weekend, followed by the Paris Fashion Show, and then Alya and Nino's wedding. Would she be going alone to the wedding? Who knew? But she knew she would give anything to be on the arm of the best man, of her best man. Why couldn't she believe that this guy liked her for her? For her quirks and her faults? For her friendliness and caring attitude?

Pulling the dress back and cutting the thread she looked over the disaster she had just caused.

"Great! Great! Great! Great!" She cursed herself as she began to unpick the seam on her dress.

"Marinette, you're making a mess! Get your head in the game and sort yourself out!" Huffing a breath she continued down the stitches, delicately pulling each one out of the fabric, freeing the material from the disaster she'd caused with her machine.

She was quite sure the dress was ruined. The material she had decided on didn't allow for mistakes. It didn't allow for Marinette to pull her usual 'Marinette' and have her clumsiness jump into her creating. She stretched out the fabric looking for blemishes, pulls or any other problems only to find it was all perfectly intact.

"Thank you." She looked up into the sky and bought the fabric into her chest, thanking whoever was looking over her for giving her a little bit of good luck. She began to stitch again, this time down the correct lines, as the doorbell rang.

Marinette looked at the door to the room puzzled, she hoped it would give her an answer to who was at the front door. That answer never arrived. Sighing, she stood up and made her way to the door only to be completely shocked by those standing outside the door.

"Hi." She whispered to the five pairs of eyes staring back at her.

Looking outside at those standing on her porch she knew something was going on. Her mother, father, Alya, Nino and even Adrien, stood staring back at her. Waiting for an invitation to enter.